YM2612 write/read/register select

For anything related to sound (YM2612, PSG, Z80, PCM...)

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

superjoebob
Very interested

Post by superjoebob » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:56 am

Hey man this is pretty sick! Any chance you could post up the code again? I've been struggling all night with getting my 2612 to work properly and all I can do is get it to fart and pop.
On a never ending quest to compose for the Genesis/Megadrive

foobat
Very interested

Post by foobat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:34 am

my code is whoa nasty now, it's a full-on VGM player and MIDI synthesizer that alters registers based on midi control codes so it might not be too useful to you anymore. I also had a power supply failure that took down my file server so those links will be dead until I get it back in order.

I think I can pastebin it or something though, let me see. I've had my own webserver for so long I don't know how to share files anymore

superjoebob
Very interested

Post by superjoebob » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 am

Don't worry I'm used to digging through whoa nasty codebases to find what I'm looking for, I have a number of them myself :D. Besides, I'm looking to do something similar myself, I wanna drive the chip from my VST! So anything you have on MIDI support would be hella useful.
On a never ending quest to compose for the Genesis/Megadrive

foobat
Very interested

Post by foobat » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:12 am

Try http://depositfiles.com/files/3s7w4dyks for now. I'm in #spoon on irc.quakenet.org if you want to ask anything, but I might be afk. I'm doing midi semi-wrong (a big case statement instead of callbacks)

edit: oh, also, this uses two YM2612s, hence the 12 channels. It keeps the data bus for the ym2612 it's not currently writing to in high-impedance mode by using |CS properly like Charles McDonald told me about early in the thread.