looking for help with homebrew game

Want to create a team or share a project ?

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

tomaitheous
Very interested

looking for help with homebrew game

Post by tomaitheous » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:15 pm

See here: http://pcedev.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/game-2014/

Basically, I'm looking for pixels artists for sprites, BG tiles, map/area layout artists, portait/cinema artists, and chiptune musicians. So that's four different graphic artist positions (doesn't need to be filled all by the same person).

I'm also looking for someone to write the game story creation and design (and dialog as well). I have a game engine that's maturing, and I rather spend my time/resource as the coder and project overseer, not the designer/creator. I had an idea of setting, direction, and style (fantasy, action RPG, old school Falcom style) - but rest is up the writer/creator.

I've haven't worked on a game project like this, so the plan is to do a small single 'chapter' in an old school Falcom style action-rpg setting. Small characters (16x16-ish), high color, NPCs, dialog, some questing, a couple of minor bosses and one final boss, ...equipment, items, EXP, and money systems, etc. I'm not sure I need another coder, but if anyone is interested in contributing code/logic/AI/etc wise - I'd be open to the idea as well. It's all assembly - no libs (all custom code - 65x based). The target platform is PC-Engine/TG16 hucard (cart) 8megabit.

I have some place holder graphics and will be showing off some of the game engine soon. If you're interested or know someone that might be interested - post on the link (or my email), or PM here.

Note: I'll be posting this on a few forums.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 am

Hi,

you might want to place your advert in the Collaboration section.

Cheers,

Minty.
UMDK Fanboy

tomaitheous
Very interested

Post by tomaitheous » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:02 pm

db-electronics
Very interested

Post by db-electronics » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm interested to learn a bit more about your project, care to elaborate? Perhaps in PM?
What does db stand for? Well that's an excellent question...
http://www.db-electronics.ca