UMDK manufacturing: new RUN of testers! 5 more kits aviable!

Hosted forum for UMDK related questions

Moderators: BigEvilCorporation, prophet36

prophet36
Very interested

Re: UMDK manufacturing: new RUN of testers! 5 more kits aviable!

Post by prophet36 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:49 pm

As far as I'm aware, nobody is planning to do a manufacturing run. In fact, there seems to be very little interest in the project in general. You might be able to whip up some interest from the community to get a manufacturing run together, but I should warn you that in the past this has unfortunately proven to be a rather invidious task. Alternatively, someone from a previous run might be willing to sell you their cart. In either case, if/when you do get your hands on a cart, I'm more than happy to help get you up and running.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Re: UMDK manufacturing: new RUN of testers! 5 more kits aviable!

Post by MintyTheCat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:44 pm

We were going to get a batch made, I made some enquiries and the guy in the UK completely wasted our time.
If anyone knows a reputable company who could build these for a small batch then we can go with that.

I have been out of action myself and had have to undergo some physio-therapy and the issue has put be completely out of working at a desk.
If there is a show of hands and there are some leads for manufacturing (I did ask Montserrat for his contacts but he appears to have not replied) then by all means we can get a batch made.

I had actually looked at getting a Kickstarter together earlier this year but as I mentioned, the guy in the UK who was working with just did nothing and took ages to reply so we left it there and nothing was done - which sadly is how many of these individuals are in my experience :lol:

Anyway, if there is a show of hands we can get some built and the more interested the large the batch can be and thus cheaper for all involved.

Up to you, the community.
UMDK Fanboy