Cheers to Montserrat for his UMDK manufacturing efforts

Hosted forum for UMDK related questions

Moderators: BigEvilCorporation, prophet36

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Cheers to Montserrat for his UMDK manufacturing efforts

Post by MintyTheCat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:35 am

Hello all,

I am very, very happy to see that Montserrat has managed to get UMDK manufactured.

I hope now that more people will use UMDK finally.
BigEvilCorporation wrote

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had. With such a small community I'd have hoped it would be more like a family, I guess no group is infallible. I hope you get your drive back, Minty. You're one of the more prolific members of this forum and to lose your support over something like this is disheartening.
I am still actively working on Megadrive related projects but I am not contributing technical information to this site any longer for the reasons stated previously.

I really want to see UMDK take its place within the community and for developers to use it to improve the situation that the Megadrive scene has found itself in for quite some time now. My greatest fear was that UMDK would simply be disregarded and left to rot which would be a crying shame given how much work Prophet/Chris put into it and what can be achieved with it.

Let's see some really decent tools, libraries and game projects come about through its use.

Cheers and never give up the faith :D

Minty.
UMDK Fanboy

Montserrat
Very interested

Re: Cheers to Montserrat for his UMDK manufacturing efforts

Post by Montserrat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:17 pm

Thanks minty, but give all credits to Chris i have only put tons of constancy on it, i have not contributed technicaly i have lots to learn.

Would you please contribute into making the test kits run? we have problems in what it seems the TMSS thing...i would be great to have your opinion and tecnical skills in the effor of making this a tool for everyone

Please peek at this thread :D

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2239&start=45

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 pm

Montserrat wrote:Thanks minty, but give all credits to Chris i have only put tons of constancy on it, i have not contributed technicaly i have lots to learn.
Yes, me and Chris go back to 2012 when I first took and interest in UMDK and I knew then what it meant for the MD dev scene - which is why I kept chasing him :D
Montserrat wrote: Would you please contribute into making the test kits run? we have problems in what it seems the TMSS thing...i would be great to have your opinion and tecnical skills in the effor of making this a tool for everyone

Please peek at this thread :D

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2239&start=45
Ok, I have just had a look at the issues given and look at the trace-log.

I have a working UMDK here - number 2 as in fact and I have used UMDK now for some time so I am familiar with it. Also, I have many versions of the Megadrive and I do recall some issues that me and Chris had during testing so I sometimes different hardware versions are the issue but I do not think this is the case here. You need to be absolutely sure that you have decent solder joints. Chris would inspect them using a microscope as I recall and carried out testing on all connections.

Essentially, we have two working UMDKs between us (maybe Chris has some other UMDK kits built too) but all testing on our PCBs are correct so we need to get you to the stage that what you have matches what we have.

Naturally I can assist in this activity as we discussed over E-Mail a while back.
UMDK Fanboy

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Check the additions, Montserrat in the other thread.

I will do some testing on my side tomorrow with some modified Logic that Chris will send me. We also think that you have a problem with A22.
UMDK Fanboy