Wow so much replys at once!!

Thats great! we are 5 now!

So the list of buyers are:

Plee
mikejmoffitt
mswan
Burbruee
Montserrat

Now, how its gonna work. Now ill give you contact email (mine) fenix_awing@hotmail.com:

1. iI need you to send me your info:

Complete name, and a shippment destination (full details). Once got 4 people mails:

2. Ill contact whit the manufacturer and will ask for multi-shipment order, and a payment method for every unit.

3. Ill share the payment method whit you all, i assume it will be a bank transfer o may be paypal typing an order number or such, and your name, that i previouslly told to the manufacturer. Ill also share the quotation and bills to make this even more transparent.

4. Every one of us will make her own payment and when complete they will manufacture the 5x run and ship.

What happening after that?

Take ito account that:

May be there is customs taxes fees depending on your country so consider that fact.

I have no responsability on the hardware, i only managed to get a manufacturer do the job. Please read this note Chris told me about the UMDK (posted in first post)

Code: Select all

You will probably need to learn at least *some* electronics if you're going to get your cart working. You may be lucky and it will work first time, but please be aware you (or someone else who knows about electronics) may need to do some fault-finding, which I will probably not have time to help with (but others on the forum might). I didn't intend it to be a beginner project.
So its not 100% guaranted that the hardware works out of the box, so tweaking may be needed. But since the manufacturing process includes a 100% electrical test my opinion is that it will work.

And finally i do not have a clue of how to install the software or make it run, once we have the UMDK lets make a new thread about installing the software and making it run for dummies.

If we finally make it work ill share the manufacturer to public (if i have permision) so everyone get his shiny UMDK :D

So, please send me the emails!!

mikejmoffitt
Very interested

Re: UMDK Manufacturing ready

Post by mikejmoffitt » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Email sent.

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Thanks for the emails!

2 emails more to go!

Plee -> PENDING!
mikejmoffitt -> OK!
mswan -> OK!
Burbruee -> PENDING!
Montserrat -> OK!

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:52 pm

prophet36 wrote:[1]Perhaps some kind of protection mechanism? Perhaps some sort of weird devkit feature used when the game was developed, and left in the "production" code by mistake? Who knows...some people enjoy such archaeology, but not me.
Port of an Amiga game made during an era where copiers were becoming common (if not already common)... take a guess. (of course it could be just a mistake...)

Star Chaser would have a similar problem, because I'm lazy I just don't bother checking for null pointers in the object manager when writing to them since at worst the write will go nowhere (it'll go to $000000, which is ROM). But if that portion is writable, it'll overwrite the initial stack vector, which would make the game impossible to reboot. I suppose I could "fix" this by setting the stack explicitly on startup, but still...
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".

Burbruee
Interested

Post by Burbruee » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Email sent. :)

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Yep good news, manufacturer has agreed to do the split shipment/payment so we are ready to go now!

Only 1 more person is left to send me the info mail, Plee!! hurry up!

Plee -> PENDING!
mikejmoffitt -> OK!
mswan -> OK!
Burbruee -> OK!
Montserrat -> OK!

Manufacturer -> OK!

prophet36
Very interested

Post by prophet36 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Sik wrote:...at worst the write will go...to $000000, which is ROM. But if that...is writable, it'll overwrite the initial stack vector, which would make the game impossible to reboot. I suppose I could "fix" this by setting the stack explicitly on startup, but still...
If the behaviour of UMDK diverges from that of the original game-cart on a real MD, then it's a bug in UMDK, not the game. I think the correct solution is to fix the write-window in the VHDL such that only writes to the NVRAM region succeed.

The other bit of fun work for somebody is to work out how to actually save the contents of NVRAM to the SD-card. Currently it's trivial to read the NVRAM region over USB, but it would be good if it could be made to work standalone, perhaps writing the NVRAM contents to a file with the same name as the game ROM (with a different extension, perhaps ".ram"), so it can be automatically loaded by the menu program the next time that game is started. Unfortunately the menu program's FAT32 driver is currently read-only.

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:43 am

Dunno if it's a bug, that makes the assumption the game's cartridge is the same as what UMDK provides (Star Chaser thinks all of the cartridge is ROM, like most games). It is true that nearly every game expects at least $000000-$1FFFFF to be non-writable, but there are still exceptions, e.g. Game Toshokan, which is actually driving me nuts with emulators.

Also that portion could end up being RAM with the Mega Everdrive, so I really should do the explicit SP set up idea anyway...
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:04 pm

plee wrote:I'm in...
Since plee is not giving any answer ill wait until monday.

Then his "slot" will be free, i will post that here.

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 am

Well its monday, and since i have no news of the user "plee" there is a a free vacant to join the UMDK manufacturing order.

So, anyone that wants to join...first-come first-served.

The first aplicant behind this post, please directly send a email to fenix_awing@hotmail.com whit shipping address and complete name.

We are ready to go! just need one more! I will be updating this post on the whole process...

FREE VACANT!! -> PENDING!
mikejmoffitt -> OK!
mswan -> OK!
Burbruee -> OK!
Montserrat -> OK!

Manufacturer -> OK!

Grind
Very interested

Post by Grind » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:18 pm

Guess I'll shoot you a mail :wink:

Edit: and sent. Hopefully the domain I use is whitelisted by hotmail.

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Great! ready to go now!!!

I'm ordering the kits now, ill keep you informed via mail for payments and details.

Also will be updating this post.

mikejmoffitt
Very interested

Post by mikejmoffitt » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Got the email, sounds great.

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Finally got all stuff!

Production of the all UMDK has started! we will show to you all when aviable :)

more info soon.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:09 pm

message edited by KanedaFr because
- Minty is still using real name of a member without his approval
- Minty hide his own defaults behind another member
- Minty is still arguing every thing he's doing is for genny dev, like a savior, while it's not and I don't want everyone think I, as admin of Spritesmind, approve this....unless others members tell me I'm wrong (PM in this case)
- I love being a dictator and delete every Minty message as everyone knows (<- this is to prevent the usual Minty's reaction)
UMDK Fanboy