UMDK Manufacturing ready

Hosted forum for UMDK related questions

Moderators: BigEvilCorporation, prophet36

mikejmoffitt
Very interested

Re: UMDK Manufacturing ready

Post by mikejmoffitt » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:26 pm

I don't know what kind of drama surrounds the USB development kit and I don't care. We are adults and want a development system. It isn't worth anybody's time to argue about who said what or who credited who for such and such. It doesn't matter at all and isn't going to change anybody's life. For everybody who has put effort in to source a manufacturer and go through with the process, thank you. That's all that needs to be said from anybody.

BigEvilCorporation
Very interested

Post by BigEvilCorporation » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:34 pm

MintyTheCat wrote:XS on db
MintyTheCat wrote:AxLib
Wow, small world. I was in an email chain regarding these some time ago, even had the Dropbox synced up at one point.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had. With such a small community I'd have hoped it would be more like a family, I guess no group is infallible. I hope you get your drive back, Minty. You're one of the more prolific members of this forum and to lose your support over something like this is disheartening.

Anyway, it looks like some UMDKs are finally getting to see the light of day! Here's to another batch, I really should have put my name down for the first :)
A blog of my Megadrive programming adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:29 pm

Sorry minty i dont want this post to be involved in dramas...so please stick to the topic :)

Also a little update, manufacturer has already printed PCBs and its proceding to component gathering and assembly, heres a pic:

well i think we will have the kits before december arrives, then we will start wondering about how to make it work.

Once we can make this fully working , ill make a new post on how to make an order for other groups :)

db-electronics
Very interested

Post by db-electronics » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:34 am

The problem encountered with my UMDK builds is proper testing of the boards. Prophet and I successfully tested most features over USB but I encountered a hurdle when testing the I/O to the Genesis. For this purpose (and others purposes as well) I designed a USB Genesis cartridge reader/writer which can also be used to execute I/O tests of UMDK while plugged into the bridge board (once proper firmware is written for it). I'm happy to supply this test hardware as open-source in order to facilitate UMDK builds.

I haven't gotten very far yet in this test device's firmware but it is open-source. If anyone here feels they can/want to contribute to this project for UMDK purposes I will gladly send you hardware - all you'd need to supply is your own Teensy++ board.

picture of board:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=787697074709734

Teensy++ 2 firmware on github
https://github.com/db-electronics/TeensyDumper
What does db stand for? Well that's an excellent question...
http://www.db-electronics.ca

Burbruee
Interested

Post by Burbruee » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:00 pm

It looks like the production process is done and these are on the way now.. I got a text message from DHL with a tracking number today.
According to the DHL tracking site it will arrive on monday. :D

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:50 pm

Burbruee wrote:It looks like the production process is done and these are on the way now.. I got a text message from DHL with a tracking number today.
According to the DHL tracking site it will arrive on monday. :D
Aw that crushed my surprise :(, lol.

Thats right, kits are now done and shipped, we all will recieve the shiny stuff this monday and will provide some pics. Now im opening a new thread about the software and how to make it run!

Once we all have the kits running i will do an ultimate thread about how to get your shiny UMDK.

More news soon.

pixelperfect

Post by pixelperfect » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Hope this batch works out for everyone :) Please mark me down for the 2nd batch if its a possibility.

Montserrat
Very interested

Post by Montserrat » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:03 pm

The kits arrived to all and we are testing and tweaking to make it work.when the kits are ready will make a unified post whit all you need:

You can track the progress at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2239

Any moderator please close this thread.