KanedaFr vs MintyTheCat

Hosted forum for UMDK related questions

Moderators: BigEvilCorporation, prophet36

Oerg866
Very interested

Post by Oerg866 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 pm

MintyTheCat wrote:
Oerg866 wrote:Seems just like you to leave out the important part of that PM (well, aside from publicizing it without my permission).

"Suck it." was actually a HTTP link to this URL:

http://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/04/16/5530222cd8103.png

Please stay accurate ;)
kaneda gave an all free to a public debate, Oerg.

I am sure the records can be verified by kaneda as to what was sent between you and me and what's more I have sent all my communication to db and Chris.

You want to behave like a fool, Oerg, you go ahead.

As I said last week: "I think we have your card marked".
I'm pretty sure Kaneda did not give an all free to publicizing private messages.

Are you saying that "Suck it." didn't link to the above picture? I'm confused.

I must gain an edge in this argument. Quick, I must send content of my message box to more people than you have!

What a pathetic show of yours.
Oerg posts was words for nothing ?
You should know me by now ;)
Last edited by Oerg866 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:30 pm

There are many, many points raised here and it is getting hard to follow all this text.

I propose we have a moderated meeting,

I acknowledge that kaneda is in the middle of this.
I would appreciate it if Oerg behaved himself and acted cordially.
UMDK Fanboy

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:31 pm

Oerg866 wrote:
MintyTheCat wrote:
Oerg866 wrote:Seems just like you to leave out the important part of that PM (well, aside from publicizing it without my permission).

"Suck it." was actually a HTTP link to this URL:

http://img.ctrlv.in/img/15/04/16/5530222cd8103.png

Please stay accurate ;)
kaneda gave an all free to a public debate, Oerg.

I am sure the records can be verified by kaneda as to what was sent between you and me and what's more I have sent all my communication to db and Chris.

You want to behave like a fool, Oerg, you go ahead.

As I said last week: "I think we have your card marked".
I'm pretty sure Kaneda did not give an all free to publicizing private messages.

Are you saying that "Suck it." didn't link to the above picture? I'm confused.

I must gain an edge in this argument. Quick, I must send content of my message box to more people than you have!

What a pathetic show of yours.
Oerg posts was words for nothing ?
You should know me by now ;)
You are well beyond an 'edge', Oerg.

I am a bit old school and I never open any link I do not trust.

You can help yourself by behaving all the same, Oerg.
Last edited by MintyTheCat on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UMDK Fanboy

Oerg866
Very interested

Post by Oerg866 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I don't think I'm any more condescending than you are.

Except that your attitude is based on an almost paternal instinct to protect your sacred child, the UMDK.

Mine is based on how hilariously ridiculous that is.

You mocked me and marked me as an incapable person talking a load of trash.

Any other ol' noob, you would have been right. Me? You should know better.
It's a PNG file. You must be new to computers.

Oerg866
Very interested

Post by Oerg866 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:37 pm

We'll see you in say five years with your own FPGA based development system for the MD, Oerg

Don't you feel like a big dummy.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Oerg866 wrote:I don't think I'm any more condescending than you are.
Nice try.
Oerg866 wrote: Except that your attitude is based on an almost paternal instinct to protect your sacred child, the UMDK.
UMDK is not my 'child', Oerg but you should understand why this was put in place.
Oerg866 wrote:I
Mine is based on how hilariously ridiculous that is.
This is not really the time for jokes, Oerg.
You mocked me and marked me as an incapable person talking a load of trash.
I had no need to mark you as talking a load of trash, Oerg.
But I do recall you making some statement about my intelligence a while back :)
Which way do you want it?
Any other ol' noob, you would have been right. Me? You should know better.
Oerg, in my book you are a beginner. But I do not mind you being a beginner or a veteran. I also feel that I have nothing to prove but you appear to want to prove something, why is that?
It's a PNG file. You must be new.[/quote]

I must be 'new'? I saw an embedded URL, and an URL from someone I do not trust.
Not that I am the best to advise you here but you may wish to read a book or two on diplomacy.
UMDK Fanboy

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 pm

For anyone to know, since it's now a public debate : I asked Oerg to stop reply to Minty, since it's going nowhere.

It's now up to you to stop or not....but make a choice quickly !

Oerg866
Very interested

Post by Oerg866 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 pm

This is not diplomacy, this is a niche forum. If you want to deal with diplomacy you need to get into EU senate or something.
Oerg, in my book you are a beginner.
Books from the dark ages don't count.

EDIT:

KanedaFr. Sorry I didn't see it before writing this post.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 pm

No, I do not feel like a big dummy, Oerg.

I see a Schematic design. In my line of work that is something I see each day.

Now let's see you do something with it. You had ambitions to make your own UMDK. ChrisM is happy to see some friendly competition and indeed you told us all that you were on it.

Why would I feel like a dummy knowing that you could put together a Schematic?
Is this some kind of statement whereby we all bow down and worship you or something?
Oerg, many of us have been into Electronics and Software for longer than you have been on this Earth.

To turn your statement: this noob is not impressed by that.

I am serious here: you will learn a hell of a lot dabbling with VHDL and Schematic Capture and I applaud you for attempting it.

I am feeling a little old here in that in my day we just did it, there was little point in trying to brag but then I am a lot older than you, Oerg :)
UMDK Fanboy

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:48 pm

Oerg866 wrote:This is not diplomacy, this is a niche forum. If you want to deal with diplomacy you need to get into EU senate or something.
Oerg, in my book you are a beginner.
Books from the dark ages don't count.

EDIT:

KanedaFr. Sorry I didn't see it before writing this post.
68K is rather dark age, Oerg and released the year I was born so the Dark Ages are what we are discussing. Besides, Isaac Newton's work was from the dark ages and look at the impact the Principa had :)
UMDK Fanboy

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:53 pm

KanedaFr wrote:For anyone to know, since it's now a public debate : I asked Oerg to stop reply to Minty, since it's going nowhere.

It's now up to you to stop or not....but make a choice quickly !
No worries, kaneda.

There is a hell of a lot of text here, I think we need to qualify things more formally.

I think I have made my points here:

1. I have a problem with Admin deleting threads outright without suitable grounds. There needs to be a paper trail here.

2. I asked Oerg to 'back off' from db; the man has a lot on his plate and I will not have any one hassling him,

3. I shall apologise for losing my rag here. The best approach would simply have been to ignore Oerg, however I did not db to have to handle Oerg so I took it up on myself to let him know.

The key here is to be transparent and to have a system that we can agree to be fair and just. The moment it gets subjective and too open is when people get upset.

I understand that this is a technical forum.

I dare say I will find Oerg in my travels and we shall discuss these matters further.

Apologies for giving you the extra chores, kaneda, and I hope you can understand why me and db got pissed off with you deleting our posts.

If you are happy then we shall lay this one to rest.

Cheers,

Minty.
Last edited by MintyTheCat on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UMDK Fanboy

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:24 pm

Oh, kids in the sandbox. Direct your energy to the creation of new devices for the MD. Jointly.

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:52 am

Hey Oerg, your device looks really interesting and I'm keen to see how it goes! I'm always interested in new ideas and new hardware. I'm also interested in the UMDK, and there are a bunch of projects I'm planning to use it for.

I think I've used most of the homebrew flash carts and devices that have ever been sold for the Mega Drive, like the Tototek MDPro, Mega Cart, EverDrive MD, Mega EverDrive, and I'm really keen to see more open FPGA devices in the scene that work as debug assists as well as flashcarts. What I've found though is that invariably devices each have strengths and weaknesses, and areas they're better or worse at than other devices. I still regularly crack out my Tototek MDPro for example, because I can flash a test ROM onto it that needs to run directly on first power-on from the hardware without initial state set, or when I want to plug it into 6 different Mega Drive variations in quick succession to compare the results, without having to navigate a menu or reflash.

When it comes to the UMDK, I'll always have a use for it, and mostly because of its open and complex interface method. I'll be able to build bridge adapters for other connectors, like the Master System, 32x, Game Gear, whatever, and use it on those systems too, or at least, that's the hope. That said, it may not be the easiest thing to work with, or the cheapest to manufacture. If you can produce a device that makes the 95% of uses easier, and maybe even cheaper too, I'll probably want to pick up one of your devices as well, just like the Mega Everdrive makes my 95% of test cases easier, while I still crack out the MDPro for the remaining 5%.

I dunno, I kind of missed the kerfuffle here, but I'm excited by both devices, and I'd love to see them both available to the community, and continue to advance.