who wants to see a wiki featuring research?

Ask anything your want about Megadrive/Genesis programming.

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

neologix
Very interested

who wants to see a wiki featuring research?

Post by neologix » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:23 am

hey there. i'm willing to host a wiki that could & would contain original research regarding pretty much anything y'all do. i'd definitely like to feature nemesis & snake's ym2612 research on it, as well as maxim's sms stuff on it too, as i'm primarily interested in the audio aspects of the genesis, but it could also have any research related to programming, engineering (eg. tmee's md CCAM), sound synthesis, etc. i know there are threads here where it has been suggested the wikibook "genesis programming" be updated, but hasn't in some time & that snake tried to update wikipedia articles w/his research, but since it was "original" research it was deleted.

i'm quite passionate abt the ym2612, to the point where i volunteered to not only port vgmtool to the mac (& possibly linux once i learn how to properly create a linux front-end) but also update vgmtool (my biggest updates would be fleshing out the "convert to text" functions of ym2612 & ym2151 and integrating vgm-to-midi conversion). i would like to take this passion further by helping those who've been willing to do the research and would like a way to organize it wiki-style.

who'd like to see such a wiki? who'd like to contribute to such a wiki? i can tell you i'd definitely be willing to do something useful on it myself as well, even if limited to only contributing wiki-formatted versions of online information & research (eg. maxim's sn76489.txt converted to a wiki article). said wiki would be hosted on my site (http://www.luxatom.com/) under its own subdomain & w/any mediawiki extensions we could want and/or need (with the exception of any that require use of external programs, as my host has disabled said functionality in php).

ElBarto
Very interested

Post by ElBarto » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:07 am

We have a wiki at http://www.megadrive.org (or wiki.megadrive.org.
There not much info cause I've no time to fill it but feel free to contribute :)