newby

Ask anything your want about Megadrive/Genesis programming.

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

fepifanio

Post by fepifanio » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:18 pm

first of all many thanks or everydody,

After so many information I don´t really know where to start, is there any guideline form 0 to N about learning to develop for the Sega Megadrive? any specific path? need to be organized on it going step by step.

ob1
Very interested

Post by ob1 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:00 pm

I've started with Pascal page (look for pascalorama on Google).
Also visit my homepage (sorry, french) http://perso.orange.fr/olivier.brosseron/

fepifanio

Post by fepifanio » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:52 pm

Thanks,

But I know to write code wih C, the thing is that I need t know how to start to develop something for the megadrive. any manual to program the 68k with C?

i´ve never write code for any processor, so I have no idea how to start.

Many thanks

commodorejohn
Very interested

Post by commodorejohn » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:13 am

When writing C code on practically any platform, unless you're writing inline assembler, the processor used is pretty much transparent. There are some exceptions - for example, you need to worry about whether I/O on the platform is memory-mapped (68K, 6502,) or port-based (Z80, x86,) since that affects how you'll access the hardware registers (memory-mapped = have a pointer point there and read/write through that, port-based = library in/out functions utilizing inline assembler.) But for the most part, writing C on any platform is pretty much the same. You'll need to study the Genesis hardware, and might need to write some hardware-access functions if your compiler didn't come with any, but that's pretty much all.