Help with dumping this mega drive 2 multicart from 90s

Ask anything your want about Megadrive/Genesis programming.

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

ouso1999

Help with dumping this mega drive 2 multicart from 90s

Post by ouso1999 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:43 am

Hello everyone. Hope you all are doing great .
I have this multicart since 90s and it means to me a lot since it brings best days in my life and willing to dump it no matter it would take . Can anyone dump this for me ? I'm even ready to ship it anywhere where anyone can dump it for me even if I would do to China and willing to get charged for the costs like I did with my favourite famicom multicarts a month ago .

url=https://ibb.co/JQfDW4Y]Image[/url]

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Have a nice day guys
Last edited by ouso1999 on Wed May 17, 2023 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Re: Help with dumping this mega drive 2 multicart from 90s

Post by Chilly Willy » Mon May 08, 2023 7:52 pm

The 74F174 is a hex DFF - it's what selects the particular game. More than likely, you write the bank to select to 0xA130xx, which latches the value into the D flip-flops. This bank select then sets the upper address bits of the rom die under the epoxy. Bank 0, the default when you turn it on, will be the menu. All the other banks will be the various games. Note that 6 bits will select 64 banks - more than enough for a menu and 40 games. I'd probably just dump all 64 banks to be certain there was nothing else in the extra banks.

I'd guess the banks themselves are as large as the largest game in the list. No idea what that would be offhand. You'd need to check the list against dumped roms. I've got an adapter that's mainly used for programming flash carts, but can also dump roms... somewhere. But I don't have to time do this myself. Sorry. Hope this info helps.

notaz
Very interested

Re: Help with dumping this mega drive 2 multicart from 90s

Post by notaz » Fri May 19, 2023 11:12 am

I can dump it if you still need it, PM me. Note that to play it on PC it'll also need emulator support to emulate the chip Chilly mentioned.