Where are all the games!

SGDK only sub forum

Moderator: Stef

Staffan
Very interested

Where are all the games!

Post by Staffan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi!
It just struck me that I dont know any new megadrive games. I recently downloaded shareware wolfenstein and Im waiting for Tanglewood but thats it.
Seeing all the threads here and hearing Stef saying that he answered the same questions 4 times, makes me wonder:
Were are all new megadrive games? Espcially since its so easy with SGDK.

Sik
Very interested

Re: Where are all the games!

Post by Sik » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Games themselves haven't gotten any easier to make though =P
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".

themrcul
Very interested

Post by themrcul » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:49 am

I've been working on my engine, tilemapper and management interface for the last year.
I've almost finished the text display part now, so its very slow (but enjoyable!) going.

cero
Very interested

Post by cero » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:33 am

Coffee Crisis (updated version) should be coming out soon, and other titles are in development, like Viking Democracy.

Miquel
Very interested

Post by Miquel » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:33 pm

If you do a search over internet (not only MD) you will find is easy to start developing a video game, there are tens of thousands of on going developing games, but is extremely hard to finish it, judging for the very few tens which are finished. And most of them are just games highly based on other commercially successful launches.

My guess is they/we get tired pretty son due the lack of appropriate tools. For example a custom level editor is mandatory, other way if you have to do every thing hard coded exhaustion comes fast.
HELP. Spanish TVs are brain washing people to be hostile to me.

Staffan
Very interested

Post by Staffan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Yeah... I know this problem from the C64 community. People just released "previews", just to show whats possible, but never finish it.

Moon-Watcher
Very interested

Post by Moon-Watcher » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Checkout http://playonretro.com/#features

Well, about my games I have to say that L'Abbaye des morts will be ready this fall. By winter comes Zooming Secretary. And by the hand of 1985 Alternativo comes Griel's Quest, I supose much latter. And probably, a game I can't talk about, already released will be published again. Just stay tunned ;)

BigEvilCorporation
Very interested

Post by BigEvilCorporation » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:55 am

We don't seem to have a showcase site for Mega Drive homebrew like other scenes do, it's all scattered around and some go unmissed. I might dedicate an area of my blog for it at some point.

Check out ESCAPE 2042: The Truth Defenders if you get a chance, it's a very very good game.
A blog of my Megadrive programming adventures: http://www.bigevilcorporation.co.uk

Staffan
Very interested

Post by Staffan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:53 am

Ive checked this out. Looks like c64 mission impossible, which is really cool. There is no rom though. I have to admit I dont have a real megadrive anyore. Still think roms are the best way to play the games. I wanted to think otherwise... I really did, but roms and emulators are to practical.

cero
Very interested

Post by cero » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:12 am

Well yeah, the game is being sold. Offering a ROM would speed up piracy and lower sales.

Staffan
Very interested

Post by Staffan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am

I hope you get some financial feedback. :)