Hellop Everyone!

SGDK only sub forum

Moderator: Stef

Staffan
Very interested

Hellop Everyone!

Post by Staffan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 am

Hello Everyone!
My name is Staffan Mattsson and Im a father of two and also a megadrive/nes/snes/atari/amiga/c64 fan.

My earlier contributions involves a lolo clone for c64: http://csdb.dk/release/?id=133918

Program in assembler takes forever, but now the word has spread that there is a C compiler for megadrive, saving amounts of time!

Since I have two children now, this might be one of them "newbie says hello and never returns posts". :) But im really have this programming itch in my fingers now.

To all of you people that believes the megadrive scene is dead, I have only one thing to say. The people that liked this kind of console is now in their forties. Once we retire, the megadrive and all other 16/8bit consoles will have a second coming. Not as big as the commercial one back in the early nineties, but Im convinced that when most of the fanbase is retired and have alot of sparetime, this will happen ;)

Natsumi
Very interested

Re: Hellop Everyone!

Post by Natsumi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 pm

I am not even in my 20s and I had a Mega Drive & NES as a kid...

Staffan
Very interested

Post by Staffan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Well Congratioulations :)

themrcul
Very interested

Post by themrcul » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Yeah, I'm excited about that too - people retiring and spending time making the best games they can for vintage consoles. Kinda like the vintage motorcycle crowd.