SGDK on DevCPP

SGDK only sub forum

Moderator: Stef

Boyfinn
Very interested

SGDK on DevCPP

Post by Boyfinn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:33 pm

I wonder if anyone has succesfully used the genesis compiler with bloodshed's DevC++?
If so, would anyone be so kind to help me set up the compiler profile for DevC++?

Stef
Very interested

Re: SGDK on DevCPP

Post by Stef » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:34 am

I was using DevCPP a long time ago and from what i remember you should able to setup it easily to get it working with SGDK.
If it accepts makefile by project then you're almost done :) You can have a look on the Code::Blocks setup, it should be quite similar :
https://github.com/Stephane-D/SGDK/wiki ... CodeBlocks
https://sites.google.com/a/db-elec.com/ ... setup-sgdk

Boyfinn
Very interested

Post by Boyfinn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:15 pm

It won't accept custom makefiles. It just creates a new one in the project folder when i change the compiler setup.

Boyfinn
Very interested

Post by Boyfinn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Nevermind. I got it working.
Apparently you need to set the makefile for each project in the project settings

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 am

Exactly as we do in code::blocks, custom makefile for the project and that is :)

Boyfinn
Very interested

Post by Boyfinn » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:30 pm

I got it working on my desktop but it refuses to work on my laptop :/
It gives me a "Resource temporarily unavailiable" error when compiling. It has worked on my laptop with codeblocks before but now that doesnt work either, i re-downloaded sgdk and made sure the path variables are good and im still getting the same error. This error also occurs on codeblocks, and i tried also compiling without an IDE and that doesnt work either. If i broke something i don't know what it is. Any help?

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:51 am

Sometime you have to launch several time the compiler to get it to finally compile correctly your project. That error is discussed here :
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2044
And probably in another topics as well... I believe we were finally able to fix it by using a correct cygwin1.dll or whatever related dll in the SGDK bin folder. Maybe you have another dll conflicting in your system32 folder causing the issue.