Hik's SGDK Experiments

SGDK only sub forum

Moderator: Stef

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Re: Hik's SGDK Experiments

Post by KanedaFr » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:10 am

i got these glitches on Fusion
i'll try to get a screenshot but it'll be hard to screen a frame !

Hik
Very interested

Post by Hik » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:37 pm

I tested the joypad rom again and figured out how to reproduce the glitches. It seems to only happen when I'm pressing
the directional buttons and the other buttons at the same time rapidly. The glitches not only happen while the buttons
are shown as being pressed but also in between the frames showing buttons being pressed. When not pressing the
directional buttons I haven't gotten any glitches (at least not yet) and the program keeps running after the glitches
happen so it doesn't seem to affect the usability ,its mainly a visual glitch.

It may have got something to do with how I coded things and the way in which the mega drive processes things.

As a side note I have produced some glitches in actual mega drive games (like Sonic3 & Knuckles) so stuff like that
can happen. I'm still curious to find out what causes the glitching. The tiles seem to garble at random.

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:30 pm

I think that is related to sprite and sprite engine in SGDK, if an update take more than 1 frame then you could obtain corrupted sprites.
Try to disable interrupts before calling SPR_udpate(..) and re enable them just after to see if that help :)