Moderator: Stef

bioloid
Very interested

GSKE - 3D rendering sample

Post by bioloid » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Hello,

I've cleaned a bit my code used in Zombie/Tape21 to render things :

downloads.kstorm.org/megadrive_gske_src.7z

It gives basic support for multiple meshes, different materials (dot, wireframe, flat, phong, texture mapped), polygon sorting, etc...

Its slow, there is no perspective correction, no cropping... but it supports out of screen / z polys, and may be easily extended / improved.
Fill free to use/modify it where you want, I no more touch it anyway.

I just builded it using latest SGDK svn, just put it into the samples directory and launch build_all.bat.

Stef
Very interested

Re: GSKE - 3D rendering sample

Post by Stef » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm

bioloid wrote:Hello,

I've cleaned a bit my code used in Zombie/Tape21 to render things :

downloads.kstorm.org/megadrive_gske_src.7z

It gives basic support for multiple meshes, different materials (dot, wireframe, flat, phong, texture mapped), polygon sorting, etc...

Its slow, there is no perspective correction, no cropping... but it supports out of screen / z polys, and may be easily extended / improved.
Fill free to use/modify it where you want, I no more touch it anyway.

I just builded it using latest SGDK svn, just put it into the samples directory and launch build_all.bat.
Hi Boloid,

Nice to see you around :)
Actually i still use your zombie demo to somehow test SGDK at some point =) I had to modify the sources code in multiple part due to the changes i made in SGDK (specially in the last version). I noticed your 3D engine does not work anymore and i was not able to "repair it". It looks like the 3D transformation part is broken but this is due to a change in my 3D transform code. Did you successfully updated it on your side ?

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Well i tried your archives and it does work perfectly so i guess you sorted it, nice :) That is fun, the cube example make me remember one of my first md example (except mine was buggy, shitty and incorrectly calculated :p)

r57shell
Very interested

Post by r57shell » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Interesting, but too slow :(.

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:02 am

GSKE allows you to do some advanced 3D visualization (advanced for a simple Sega Genesis) but rendering can be slow.
SGDK provides some facilities to do simpler 3D rendering (flat polygon) and it is fast... for a Sega Genesis (i used them for the starfox demo).