Game >4Mo?

SGDK only sub forum

Moderator: Stef

elusive
Very interested

Post by elusive » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Chilly Willy wrote:
bioloid wrote:maybe two ROMS is acceptable, like "please insert Disk 2", i'm sure it won't hurt.
That's my plan for a new Doom for the 32X. :lol:

When the player finishes the last level in the rom, the game automatically makes a save that the next rom looks for on starting to continue right where they left off.
How are you planning on storing the SRAM and transferring it to the new cart? I'd be very curious on this :)

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Not a bad idea :lol:

But, i don't really understand, how can it be possible?
2 cartridges? have to switch off the console to change cartridge?

How to know then if player has finished the first one?

Or player have to change only eprom ?
hummm why not after all, this could be with a lock on system! sram will be in the lock on cartridge and inside two other normal cartridge there will be 1 * 27c322 per cartridge...

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:59 pm

elusive wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote:
bioloid wrote:maybe two ROMS is acceptable, like "please insert Disk 2", i'm sure it won't hurt.
That's my plan for a new Doom for the 32X. :lol:

When the player finishes the last level in the rom, the game automatically makes a save that the next rom looks for on starting to continue right where they left off.
How are you planning on storing the SRAM and transferring it to the new cart? I'd be very curious on this :)
Flash cart... just flash/load the next rom in the series. 8)

An emulator would work as well, but 32X emulators still need some work. It's best to run on real hardware with a flash cart.

elusive
Very interested

Post by elusive » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Chilly Willy wrote:
elusive wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote: That's my plan for a new Doom for the 32X. :lol:

Flash cart... just flash/load the next rom in the series. 8)

An emulator would work as well, but 32X emulators still need some work. It's best to run on real hardware with a flash cart.
Well that's cheating :P

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:58 pm

elusive wrote:Well that's cheating :P
:lol:

If I were going to do a commercial series of roms like I described, I would do the lock-on method... hardware and save ram in the base, then connect the proper rom to the end. Kind of the way they should have done the SVP. Had they made the SVP lock-on, we probably would have seen more than one SVP game on the MD.

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 am

Chilly Willy wrote: If I were going to do a commercial series of roms like I described, I would do the lock-on method... hardware and save ram in the base, then connect the proper rom to the end. Kind of the way they should have done the SVP. Had they made the SVP lock-on, we probably would have seen more than one SVP game on the MD.
A cheap 32X? :lol:

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 pm

oofwill wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote: If I were going to do a commercial series of roms like I described, I would do the lock-on method... hardware and save ram in the base, then connect the proper rom to the end. Kind of the way they should have done the SVP. Had they made the SVP lock-on, we probably would have seen more than one SVP game on the MD.
A cheap 32X? :lol:
Basically. You wouldn't have any different graphics, but I think VR for MD showed that you could do decent polygon games on the MD with the SVP.

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:18 am

else you do like Sega wanted to do :

http://www.google.ml/patents/US5941775? ... 0QXf8IHwCQ

(I just discovered google patents, very fun !)

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Someone can tell me what is the chip at the bottom left on this image?

I want to build my own pcb (4Mo + sram), schem is almost terminated, but i don't find anything on this chip with the reference on it...

This pcb is Phantasy star, same as beyond oasis ...

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:08 pm

that is a 74x74, dual D type flip-flop. 74x139 is on the other side, used to do address decode, and the tiny chip is a battery power management.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for this fast response ;)

I will finish my scheme and test it during weekend i hope :)