Return to active development - Now MIT licensed!

Official support forum for the Exodus Emulation Platform

Moderator: Nemesis

Nemesis
Very interested

Return to active development - Now MIT licensed!

Post by Nemesis » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:31 pm

I'm pleased to announce I'm picking up Exodus again, and will be working on it actively going forward. I've made some initial updates to the website and have already started submitting code changes. You can expect to see a steady stream of commits from now on, with a release coming out sometime in the future.

I've also made the decision to simplify the licensing model. Effective immediately, Exodus is now released under the MIT license. Feel free to use and adapt the code however you see fit. Any contributions or attribution you want to make back to this project would be greatly appreciated, but not required.

Nemesis
Very interested

Re: Return to active development - Now MIT licensed!

Post by Nemesis » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:01 pm

I should add, there were some critical race conditions that caused crashes or lockups on the latest available release on my new PC. I have fixes for those issues in the repo now, so if you've had trouble running Exodus in recent years, a fix is incoming. I've had it running stable for the last 24 hours on my 32-core machine now, where it failed pretty quickly before (within minutes).

Michel Gerritse
Interested

Re: Return to active development - Now MIT licensed!

Post by Michel Gerritse » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:26 pm

Good to see you back into active development :)