Mega Drive - Known Compatibility Issues

Official support forum for the Exodus Emulation Platform

Moderator: Nemesis

Nemesis
Very interested

Mega Drive - Known Compatibility Issues

Post by Nemesis » Tue May 05, 2015 6:17 am

The list of known compatibility issues with Mega Drive games in Exodus is available here:
https://exodusemulator.atlassian.net/is ... lter=10200

If you've found a game that doesn't work in Exodus, check to see if it's already listed, and if it isn't, please make a post here and let me know, that way I can ensure it's tested and fixed in a later release. Thanks for any time you invest testing and reporting issues here, it's an essential step in improving emulation.

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Tue May 05, 2015 6:19 am

The following reports have been posted in another thread already, I'm listing them here for my reference as I still need to investigate them.
Shadow wrote:Killing game show: Black screen.

Mega-lo-Mania: Black screen.

Speedy Gonzales - Cheeze Cat-astrophe: no sound.

Strider II: no collision with enemies, immortality.

Shadow of the Beast: no collision with enemies.

The Lawnmower Man: flashing vertical stripes on 3d levels.
MetalliC wrote:I've noticed "Mr.Nutz Hoppin' Mad" won't work, both original and "fixed" versions hang at very start, sometimes after showing Sega logo.

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Wed May 06, 2015 12:36 am

Shadow wrote:Another World: minor problems with control on the title screen (Start \ Password)

Barkley Shut Up and Jam 2: shaking vertical stripes on the character select screen.

Barkley Shut Up and Jam: goes into a loop of resets on SEGA logo. (probably SRAM\EEPROM issue)

Battlemaster: run slowly (incorrect clearing of Z80 registers on a reset) Fixed in 8b374cd build.

Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble: hangs on the title screen.

Chess [Unl]: run slowly (incorrect clearing of Z80 registers on a reset) Fixed in 8b374cd build.

Decap Attack: run slowly (incorrect clearing of Z80 registers on a reset) Fixed in 8b374cd build.

Metal Sonic HYPERDRIVE: run slowly at title screen (48-60fps) and gameplay in fullspeed (incorrect clearing of Z80 registers on a reset?) Not fixed.

Talmit's Adventure: hangs in pause mode

90s Gamer

Post by 90s Gamer » Sat May 09, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks Nemesis for the efforts you've put into the Exodus platform. Your accuracy-focused philosophy is greatly appreciated!

Here's a list of things I've found, using the No-Intro set:
*Monster World IV (Japan) // (USA, Europe) (En,Ja) (Virtual Console) - Crashes during the introduction.

*Wonder Boy in Monster World (USA, Europe) - Crashes after pressing start at title (I assume this has to do with SRAM).

*Kid Chameleon (USA, Europe) - Big framedrop.

*Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (USA) - Graphical glitches with Stage 1's water.

*Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II (USA) (En,Ja) - Z80 (loop?) slows game significantly down. Disabling the Z80 results in lack of SFX.
I must add that I've encountered no problems with "Rockman - Mega World (Japan)".

"Mega Man - The Wily Wars (Europe)" and "Rockman - Mega World (Japan) (Alt 1)" do indeed crash as reported.

ehw

Re: Mega Drive - Known Compatibility Issues

Post by ehw » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:20 am

For consistency, I noticed some of the compilation games won't load with Exodus. I tested Mega Games 10 in 1, and it seems that Sonic 1 and some other games won't run but games like Hang On will for some reason.