Moderator: Nemesis

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:19 pm

Awesome, can't wait!

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:31 am

What IDE software will be necessary to compil the project?

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:38 pm

Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition is capable of compiling Exodus and all third party support libraries. You'll also need to install the Windows SDK. The source repository uses Mercurial and will be hosted on Bitbucket, so you will probably want to install TortoiseHG or Atlassian SourceTree to help manage the repository. I'd recommend TortoiseHG with the VisualHG plugin for Visual Studio installed. I'll provide a "Getting started" guide for getting everything setup, but it'll be pretty easy. I spent time making the build process as simple as possible.

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:21 pm

I think i will loose all my time to play with exodus !

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:04 am

I see, you currently working on a new visual style Exodus site, it looks great :)

Black Zero
Interested

Post by Black Zero » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Guess I finally can retire Kega Fusion once Exodus 2.0 is out because I've had numerous problems with Fusion and Windows 8.1

Mostly problems with framerate, fullscreen toggle and such leading to annoying crashes sometimes.

Fusion was good but I guess it's completely dead nowdays, I've been using 3.64 since 2010 and not a word from the Snake regarding updates or progress at all.

Exodus is far more superior and accurate then Fusion anyway and I'm glad there is progress in the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis department.

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:01 pm

U tried retroarch with genesis plus gx core? To play is perfect !

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:28 am

Shadow wrote:I see, you currently working on a new visual style Exodus site, it looks great :)
Heh, thought I'd get away with that with nobody spotting as I did it. :) Yep, I'm working on a bit of an improvement for the site. It's better now, but not quite where I want it yet. Also working on the SDK documentation, which will be going up on the website at release.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:50 pm

Nemesis wrote:Heh, thought I'd get away with that with nobody spotting as I did it. :)
Yeah, especially as you have tried to add a countdown, I saw more than 4 attempts. Every day, I'm checking the forum and website, looking forward to the new version of Exodus. :wink:

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 am

Black Zero wrote:Guess I finally can retire Kega Fusion once Exodus 2.0 is out because I've had numerous problems with Fusion and Windows 8.1
Unfortunately for me, I probably can't do that as I tend to use certain features (e.g. Game Genie/Pro Action Replay cheats, 32X, Sega CD, etc.) and I really don't use the debugging features.
Black Zero wrote:Mostly problems with framerate, fullscreen toggle and such leading to annoying crashes sometimes.
If you do some Google searching, there are workarounds for these.
Black Zero wrote:Fusion was good but I guess it's completely dead nowdays, I've been using 3.64 since 2010 and not a word from the Snake regarding updates or progress at all.
It's not dead... just asleep. Snake's just too busy with real life, that's all.

I still look forward to if/when Exodus supports Genesis cheats (and importing of Kega cheat files). :P

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:01 am

Black Zero wrote:Guess I finally can retire Kega Fusion once Exodus 2.0 is out because I've had numerous problems with Fusion and Windows 8.1

Mostly problems with framerate, fullscreen toggle and such leading to annoying crashes sometimes.

Fusion was good but I guess it's completely dead nowdays, I've been using 3.64 since 2010 and not a word from the Snake regarding updates or progress at all.

Exodus is far more superior and accurate then Fusion anyway and I'm glad there is progress in the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis department.
U tried retroarch with genesis plus gx core? To play is perfect !

Black Zero
Interested

Post by Black Zero » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:56 pm

King Of Chaos wrote: Unfortunately for me, I probably can't do that as I tend to use certain features (e.g. Game Genie/Pro Action Replay cheats, 32X, Sega CD, etc.) and I really don't use the debugging features.
Well I'm only in it for Sega Mega Drive/Sega Genesis games anyway so it's not a big loss for me.
King Of Chaos wrote: If you do some Google searching, there are workarounds for these.
I think Windows 8.1 Update 3 must have broken something because the fixes don't work so well anymore.
Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit is what I have used but sometimes it work and sometimes it crashes.
King Of Chaos wrote: It's not dead... just asleep. Snake's just too busy with real life, that's all.
OK, yeah well real life has a tendency to to do that.
Hope he returns someday though.
mickagame wrote: U tried retroarch with genesis plus gx core? To play is perfect !
Nope, haven't tried that yet.
I'm a accuracy kind of guy though and Exodus seems to be what I have been looking for.

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Genesis plus is i think more accurate than kega fusion because 100% of games work. So to play is perfect.
To work on genesis on debug games Exodus will be the paradise !

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:05 am

mickagame wrote:Genesis plus is i think more accurate than kega fusion because 100% of games work.
You're aware being able to play 100% of the games isn't a gauge in terms of how accurate the emulation is, correct? Kega hasn't been updated for what, five years now and since then there's been various discoveries so there's bound to be stuff broken/incorrect/etc.

However, Genesis Plus GX is the most accurate Sega CD emulator and probably the most accurate non-cycle accurate Genesis emulator. Unfortunately for it and me, using RetroArch is a pain in the butt and not really worth trying to use on a PC, in my opinion. I just really, really dislike the majority of frontends like this. Besides, I still use G+ GX on my Nintendo Wii. ;)

Give me a rendered black box with menus like most other emulators and I'm happy.

Black Zero
Interested

Post by Black Zero » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:06 am

Either way, Exodus is cycle accurate and that's one more cycle accurate emulator I can add to my collection.