Website down ?

Official support forum for the Exodus Emulation Platform

Moderator: Nemesis

sigMate
Interested

Website down ?

Post by sigMate » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Hi Nemesis,

Did I miss some info about your website ? It currently points to a kind of parking page. Are you in the middle of moving to another web hosting service ? I have a few dedicated servers that could handle the load if you need some space and bandwidth.

Looking forward to see your website again, soon.

Regards,

sigMate

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:24 pm

Hey, only just saw your message. Looks like it's back up again now, I didn't realize it went down at all.

Thanks for your offer about hosting, but I'm pretty happy where I am right now. I'm using http://lithiumhosting.com for my webhost. I'm paying $10 a year for their (no longer available) basic shared hosting package which gives me 2GB of storage and 40GB of bandwidth a month, with online support, easy administration, and pretty much all the security patching issues taken care of for me. The tradeoff with lithium hosting is they only guarantee a 99.7% uptime, not 99.99%, which frankly is good enough for me. With $10 a year for the domain name through namecheap, I pay only $20 a year for hosting, which is pretty darn good.

sigMate
Interested

Post by sigMate » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi Nemesis,

Lithium Hosting seems to do the job for you. If you change your mind or if you need something more (unlimited subdomains, extended services, etc...), I'd be glad to help (I mean for free of course). Would be my pleasure to host anything about your work.

BTW, here's what we currently on see on www.exodusemulator.com (sorry to bother if you're working on it) :

Mask of Destiny
Very interested

Post by Mask of Destiny » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:57 pm

I see the actual site when I follow that link. It's possible there's some kind of DNS cache issue. I get the following when I do an nslookup on www.exodusemulator.com

Code: Select all

Non-authoritative answer:
www.exodusemulator.com	canonical name = cpsrv19.lithiumhosting.com.
Name:	cpsrv19.lithiumhosting.com
Address: 74.50.124.2
Do you get the same?

sigMate
Interested

Post by sigMate » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Yeah MoD, I get the same on my dedicated servers, and also my mobile (through cellular network) but not from my home PC but I saw some really huge TTLs on the DNS zone. I think that's why.

Thanks for your feedback !