Removable test or visual artifact?

Official support forum for the Exodus Emulation Platform

Moderator: Nemesis

deargodwhatisthat

Removable test or visual artifact?

Post by deargodwhatisthat » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:17 pm

When I load up a ROM in Exodus, there's a strip of colors on the bottom left of the that look like 11 shaking pebbles of the rainbow. They appear outside of the actual gameplay itself but it's very distracting. How can I stop these from appearing?

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:44 pm

You can't... that is what happen on the original system and Exodus is aim to reproduce the original system as best as possible !

deargodwhatisthat

Post by deargodwhatisthat » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:50 am

Stef wrote:You can't... that is what happen on the original system and Exodus is aim to reproduce the original system as best as possible !
Huh... very interesting. Thank you, Stef, I never noticed that sitting far away with a bubble glassed television set. Appreciate you taking the time to tell me.

LocalH
Very interested

Post by LocalH » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:12 am

Those are bus conflicts resulting from writing to CRAM midframe. They're unavoidable on hardware, and also why commercial games generally wait until VInt to write to CRAM (or if they do write to CRAM mid-frame, they either limit the amount of data they write, or attempt to make the shitpixels less noticable by putting sprites on the same scanlines like the Sonic games do on the water surface).

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:12 pm

oh !
thanks for the info, very interesting !