I'm still alive!

Official support forum for the Exodus Emulation Platform

Moderator: Nemesis

Nemesis
Very interested

I'm still alive!

Post by Nemesis » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:38 am

I just wanted to reassure everyone I'm still alive. I've been a little quiet on here lately because my wife has been sick. She's been in and out of hospital since the beginning of June, and with her and two young children to care for, I've literally had no time to work on this project. She's getting better, and she's back home now, so I should be able to start being more active again soon.

I'm going to go through soon and read/investigate any bug reports that have been made, and get back on track for the sourcecode release and a next version release. There's still a fair bit to do between now and then, so please bear with me.

panzeroceania
Interested

Post by panzeroceania » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your next release.

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Hope your wife is ok first Nemesis !

Arker

Post by Arker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:56 pm

No need to rush it. Make sure your family is fine, then you'll be able to better focus on this project. And good luck.

Boulotaur2024

Post by Boulotaur2024 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Yeah take your time nemesis, I'm not a huge fan of Genesis but what I've seen of your work so far seems extremely promising and faithful to the original console. The UI is great too, very polished and tons of options... Thank god not every dev seems to think command-line emus (like the extremely user-unfriendly mupen64plus) are the way to go

Can I ask you if you're using OpenGL or DirectX for your output ?
I'd like to add post-processing effects much like the HLSL effects in MAME, but through an external injector dll (see here for example on how it looks) that currently only supports DirectX.

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 am

Thanks for all the support and positive feedback guys. :)
Boulotaur2024 wrote:Can I ask you if you're using OpenGL or DirectX for your output ?
I'd like to add post-processing effects much like the HLSL effects in MAME, but through an external injector dll (see here for example on how it looks) that currently only supports DirectX.
That's a really nice looking filter! I'm currently using OpenGL for all rendering though. I am planning to open up proper support for shader-based post-processing effects in the future though.

Shadow
Very interested

Exodus site

Post by Shadow » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi Nemesis, here some problems with pending verification Exodus site

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:29 am

Thanks, all fixed up now. Sorry for the delay, I've been out of action for the better part of a week due to the flu.

Shadow
Very interested

Re: I'm still alive!

Post by Shadow » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:43 pm

Nemesis, where are you? everything is good? :(

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:30 pm

Yes, I'm still alive! My apologies to everyone, the last year has been crazy. Pretty much the year from hell if I'm honest, but things are improving, and I find myself with some time again to actually come on this board again, and maybe even do some more work in Exodus in the near future. Right now all the time I have is going directly into the MegaLD ripping project for the LaserActive, because I've been lent some very expensive gear, and I can't expect to hold onto it forever, so I'm trying to clear that project off my dance card. I've made great progress on that in the last few weeks, and I hope to be able to get rips completed and available in the coming months, after which I'll be free to give Exodus some much needed attention again.

tryphon
Very interested

Post by tryphon » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Really glad to see you back !

ryanfaescotland
Very interested

Post by ryanfaescotland » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Hope all is well with the family Nemesis.

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks, things are definitely going much better, and I do have free time on my hands again, but I'm still putting all that into the MegaLD ripping project. After that I hope to get back to this project, where I've got some half-completed changes which I'm hoping will result in a major speed improvement, which would be nice.

Staffan
Very interested

Post by Staffan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:16 am

*poking with stick to see if alive*

ryanfaescotland
Very interested

Post by ryanfaescotland » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Everyone still alive I hope!?

I am, so that's something at least.

Just getting back into the swing of the old ROM scene again after a bit of time on other projects. Picking up Toejam and Earl again but kicking myself because my build of Exodus no longer works. Not sure what I've changed on my PC since I last ran it but have pulled a fresh copy of the source, rebuild the 3rd party libs and still running into issues (modal dialog doesn't appear when loading a ROM).

Going spend some time looking into it soon so don't be surprised if you see a topic spring up on it.

Hope all is well with you folks!