Bug reports?

Official support forum for the Exodus Emulation Platform

Moderator: Nemesis

AamirM
Very interested

Bug reports?

Post by AamirM » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:30 pm

I don't know if you are accepting bug reports right now, but Lotus II Recs has graphical bugs (most probably due to H Counter timings).

Great work by the way. :)

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:17 pm

3 bugs :

Story Of Thor -> Game doesn't load
Batman return -> Freeze on title screen after few seconds
Sesame Street Cafe -> Game freeze at start
Last edited by mickagame on Wed May 01, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:01 pm

I'll add one myself: Background flickering and corrupted in Sonic 3D special stages. I know this one is related to vscroll latch timings. I suspect Lotus II is going to be related to the same thing.

thedoug

Post by thedoug » Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 am

Hi, amazing emulator, thanks.

I found a bug. In the Cram Memory Editor window, if I right click the window and select "Save to File", the emulator shows a Open window, not a Save window.

Edit: The same goes for the other windows. But seems that we need first create a empty file, and in the Open window if you choose this empty file the emulator use it to save the data. Strange. Please, change to the common method.
Last edited by thedoug on Wed May 01, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomman

Post by tomman » Wed May 01, 2013 4:18 am

- Controls doesn't seem to work in Zero Tolerance
- SSFII: The New Challengers (the 40Mb cart) dies with a red screen (checksum failure?)
- Olympic Winter Games: Lillehammer '94 does not boot (black screen)

So far nothing else to report from here.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 am

Sub Terrania tunes almost all wrong. Pity.

yuriks

Post by yuriks » Wed May 01, 2013 8:00 am

With every game I tested, it seems to randomly freeze during emulation. My CPU cores continue being pinned at full utilization, and the UI works, but emulation seems to be stuck in an infinite loop. Music also freezes and repeats the current audio buffer at the same time.

If I soft reset, the VDP screen (which seems to continue being emulated) goes blank, but the game does not boot up again. Hard resetting works.

I have a dual-core multi-threaded CPU, could this be some kind of deadlock issue?

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 am

The later bug seems to be related to the one i described in the other topic but it' better located here:
Nemesis wrote:Do you remember which games you were running? I'll see if I can reproduce the problem. Did you actually get a crash, or did the emulator just freeze? If you got a crash, there should be a crash report generated under a "Crash Reports" subdirectory. If you can send that file into me, I should be able to determine what went wrong.
Actually the emulator did not crashed, it was still responsive, only emulation part "crashed", look like the 68000 died somewhere...
I got it 2 times with Street Fighter 2 game (U) [!] version (but also got it in bad apple demo for instance).
Just by letting the demo running, first time it crashed after 5 mn, second time it crashed after 2 mn maybe during first honda / honda fight (picture here).
That's probably the hyperthreading. Hyperthreading potentially gives you double the number of cores available, but in reality, those "cores" can only be used at certain times, so the hyperthreading cores will often appear "idle" when in reality, they can't be used at that time because the currently executing code can't be parallelized using hyperthreading. CPU meters don't give you an accurate picture when it comes to reporting on hyperthreading cores.
Just curious, how much thread are you using with exodus for emulation core ? with windows 8 you cannot see this information anymore :-/ Also the cpu usage is not reported the way in the new task manager... i see 100% on first tab and about ~60% in details tab, does not make any sense...
Last edited by Stef on Wed May 01, 2013 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shion

Post by Shion » Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 am

I have a 32 bit windows. Why don't you add a 32 bit compiled exe?

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed May 01, 2013 10:12 am

Stereo panning completely wrong, some tunes in Sonic games, plays with echo. Also when i switch to 22050hz monomix, i can't hear every second ring SFX.

In Genplus GX (Wii), Regen, Kega Fusion, i have no issues with it.

MetalliC
Interested

Post by MetalliC » Wed May 01, 2013 10:31 am

"Mr. Nutz - Hoppin' Mad (Proto)" aka "Mr.Nutz 2" hangs after Sega logo, both original version and patched for Everdrive.

GManiac
Very interested

Post by GManiac » Wed May 01, 2013 11:32 am

Mega lo Mania (Tyrants) -> freezes at the very beginning.
After Burner II -> has constant hiss (PSG?), and PSG doesn't sound in the game.
Input Settings are not saved when emualtor is closed. When I try to set input with "Start Auto Mapping", press all buttons and then close window, the only button which is set is "Up". After second try all buttons are set.

mickagame
Very interested

Post by mickagame » Wed May 01, 2013 12:12 pm

GManiac wrote:Mega lo Mania (Tyrants) -> freezes at the very beginning.
After Burner II -> has constant hiss (PSG?), and PSG doesn't sound in the game.
Input Settings are not saved when emualtor is closed. When I try to set input with "Start Auto Mapping", press all buttons and then close window, the only button which is set is "Up". After second try all buttons are set.
I have the same thing for the input mapping.

thedoug

Post by thedoug » Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Phantasy Star 4 also doesn't load.

Seems that the problem is the Save Ram Mapping. If a game has Rom data in the region used by the Save Ram, the game doesn't load.

This is the case of PS4, Beyond Oasis, etc.

I just did the test. The Shining Force maps the Save Ram at 0x200000, and if I expand the game to, say, 3M, the game doesn't load anymore, even if I adjust the size and checksum in the header.

In the real console the shining force pcb reads the Save Ram if the the pin A20 is set, because the original Rom has only 1,5M, so the cartridge uses the pin A20 in the multiplexer to know that you are acessing the Save Ram.
But Phantasy Star 4 use other pins (some unusual pins, I don't know), to know that the game is acessing the Save Ram, so the game can have data in the Save Ram region.

In other emulator (like Regen), if you expand the Rom you need to put 0x00 in the Save Ram region, and do not use this region for anything else. This way the game works and you can save. But if put other data in the Save Ram region (like 0xFF), the game works, but then you cannot save, because the data becomes corrupted.
In this case, in the real hardware you would need to add some logical chips to check if the game are acessing exactly the Save Ram region.

Hope you can fix this problem quickly. :wink:

panzeroceania
Interested

Post by panzeroceania » Wed May 01, 2013 4:50 pm

I can confirm the problem with

Phantasy Star - Sennenki no Owari ni
Beyond Oasis