Bug reports?

Official support forum for the Exodus Emulation Platform

Moderator: Nemesis

ryanfaescotland
Very interested

Re: Bug reports?

Post by ryanfaescotland » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:32 am

Hey Nemesis is this still the place for bug reports, I see it has been 10 months since the last post? If this is still being monitored for bug report let me know and I can do a more formal report with error logs, crash dumps, environment details and so on.

Just made a start yesterday trying to get running with Exodus and ran into problems with both the pre-built binaries and the bitbucket source code.

Pre-built version falls over whenever I set a breakpoint in the 68K with an error about accessing an unauthorised memory location.

Source code doesn't compile with a host of beautiful errors but I think this is related to an issue bitbucket was having as the download came down at only 2.4MB when it is reported to be 5.8MB on the download site (It's also my first time using bitbucket so haven't figured out how to get it to integrate nicely with the GitHub desktop client yet).

Anyway, I'll continue with getting my dev environment setup over the weekend, I'm a Java / C# guy but have worked with C++ in the past so not promising I can contribute enough to revolutionise the project (not that it needs revolutionising!) but hopefully I can make some helpful additions even if it is more around testing, bug tracking, documentation that sort of thing.

And finally let me do the obligatory gush - Thank you so much for this awesome emulator and all the work you have done so far. I <3 the Mega Drive and it is great to see it getting some more love. Keep up the good work, yadda yadda yadda. :oops:

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:58 pm

Yep, this forum is still being monitored, and this is the right place to report any issues you've encountered. My time is limited to work on Exodus right now, but if you've encountered problems, by all means, share any info you have on the issue. Even if I can't resolve the problem immediately, I'll be able to look at it when I have more time.

ryanfaescotland
Very interested

Post by ryanfaescotland » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:34 am

Thanks for the response.

I got my dev environment setup and have managed to compile and build the source and the emulator is up and running.

Not sure why bitbucket reports the download as 5.8MB as it isn't that either compressed or uncompressed.

Regardless Exodus is still falling over when I try and debug the 68K so will get a report in and do a bit of investigating as well soon.

ehw

Post by ehw » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:16 am

I haven't compiled the latest commits on the repository, but some games seem to crash Exodus if the Active Disassembly is enabled and an Analysis is run after a game has been played for a while. Offenders I've encountered were Sonic 3D Blast, Pulseman, and Earthworm Jim 2. This seems to be caused by "Detect Offset arrays" being enabled, since it will work fine with it disabled.

I also noticed certain compilation games don't work (like Sonic 1 in the 10 games in 1 compilation). They'll just hang after selecting the game.

The Bare Knuckle 2 prototype is super slow because of the z80. For some reason, even though this game uses a 68k sound driver, it has a small bit of code loaded in the z80 that doesn't really do anything that causes the entire game to slow down to a crawl. Disable the z80 and everything works fine...

Also are the registers mislabeled in the register window? The diassembler window references the first data register as D0 but the register window says D1.

With the active disassembler, I noticed it doesn't really handle compressed data that well, especially Nemesis archives.