MegaLD Dumping Project

Nemesis
Very interested

Re: MegaLD Dumping Project

Postby Nemesis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:52 am

Nothing you do could possibly drag this out more than I have. How many years has it been now?

I should probably give an update, such as it is. I currently keep on finding a couple of weeks of intermittent time to work on this, then it goes on the backburner again for six months. That's where I'm stuck again right now, but in my last "burst" two months back, I got full digital data+audio ripping, with intact TOC, lead-in, and lead-out, with full subcode data, working in an automated fashion. I need to use a multi-pass approach, takes around 12 hours per disc, per side, but the digital process is proven and in the bag. I've even got multi-pass error correction and subcode verification written, so I can use multiple rips and multiple disks to error correct. That all works a treat, and I'm ready to mass-rip all the digital data from all the disks, but I got stuck again when looking at doing a clean video rip, still trying to get a good solution to get the codes buried in the vblank region. I was looking at doing a software decoding approach, based on the info here:
http://forum.lddb.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2671
I picked up a compatible card, hooked the approproate raw RF point on my player, and was about to build the linux drivers and get a test rip done, but then ran out of time to work on it again. That's where I'm up to, most likely won't have a chance to look at it again until March at the earliest. :(

bakudandan

Re: MegaLD Dumping Project

Postby bakudandan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:21 am

No need to apologize, these things take time. I'm just glad to read an update.

Return to “MegaLD”