AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 am

The Crackers crashes on real HW on the Sega logo aswell
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:47 am

xZABUZAx
If you open a Genesis game and then a Game Gear game, the Game Gear won't start until 4 or 7 seconds (sometimes will take longer).
or show black screen at all! Yes i have this bug ;-)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:34 am

xZABUZAx
Found another bug on both SSE2 and non-SSE2 builds: (this one is a bit annoying since it will screw your display for a bit, the trash icon will dissapear, also you will lose the background picture...)

If you open a Game Gear game and go to option: System > Master System/Game Gear and disable/enable "Borders", and then you go to full screen it will crash the emulator and screw your display a bit (the window task bar will go up and be placed in the mid screen of your monitor, lose the background picture and the trash will dissapear).

The display behavior can be fixed opening a game in full screen again with this emulator (i tried full screen in other's emulators and the only emulator who can fix the screen behavior is Regen).

Must be a bit annoying to fix bugs in an emulator and then new bugs pops out... programing an emulator is damn challenging.

(Edited to fix typos and some stuff...)

(Another Edit: I just found out that when it crash the trash icon doens't disapear, what disapear is my right side of the screen, example the folders and the trash, while the left side of my screen still have all the folders showing.)
Hmm.. i can't find it, my screen restores after window and fullscreen, maybe you use Windows XP or have buggy Video Driver? ;-)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:41 am

xZABUZAx
In the sound menu > Volume Levels... , the PSG slider is not working on Game Gear, when i move the slider the PSG volume stays the same.
No Game Gear uses Noise PSG and SN76489 PSG core not compatible!
But, i glad you use this feature! :D

You my best friend! xZABUZAx

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:03 pm

My Friends! in these 2 or 3 days, i complete all my most favorite games and 100% sure another games will work without crashes too! ;-)
I just can't finish some very annoying games, which very hard, and no interest at all, and finish it 3 or 4 times, it just too much pain in the
ass to testing! ;-)

Plus in last night my brains pain after this damn Lion King 2! (weird music) and i write text like a drunk man, be careful some music really danger, and if play bad game to long, it cause pain in brains! :?

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:27 pm

King of Chaos
I still have issues setting up my controller with Regen. It locks up when trying to associate the B button.
Due to strange pain in brain and some lost memory, i forgot it once again and once again! sorry! :oops:
Yeah, i got this bug too! Regen locks up and after change all buttons, i click OK button and Regen work again! ;-)

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Shadow wrote:xZABUZAx
Found another bug on both SSE2 and non-SSE2 builds: (this one is a bit annoying since it will screw your display for a bit, the trash icon will dissapear, also you will lose the background picture...)

If you open a Game Gear game and go to option: System > Master System/Game Gear and disable/enable "Borders", and then you go to full screen it will crash the emulator and screw your display a bit (the window task bar will go up and be placed in the mid screen of your monitor, lose the background picture and the trash will dissapear).

The display behavior can be fixed opening a game in full screen again with this emulator (i tried full screen in other's emulators and the only emulator who can fix the screen behavior is Regen).

Must be a bit annoying to fix bugs in an emulator and then new bugs pops out... programing an emulator is damn challenging.

(Edited to fix typos and some stuff...)

(Another Edit: I just found out that when it crash the trash icon doens't disapear, what disapear is my right side of the screen, example the folders and the trash, while the left side of my screen still have all the folders showing.)
Hmm.. i can't find it, my screen restores after window and fullscreen, maybe you use Windows XP or have buggy Video Driver? ;-)
The crash happens if you have the default video plugin (None), it doesn't happen when you have the other's video plugin.

If you have the default video plugin and it doesn't crash then i may have bad video drivers :P

I also use Win XP.
Shadow wrote: No Game Gear uses Noise PSG and SN76489 PSG core not compatible!
But, i glad you use this feature! :D
Ahh so the PSG slider is only for Genesis. Yep i like to tinker with features and configure the emulator to my likings, i like the PSG in the music too :) .
Shadow wrote: You my best friend! xZABUZAx
Well... we all love you too Shadow :D
________
GLASS BUBBLERS
Last edited by xZabuzax on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:43 pm

xZabuzax

I found crash with no use plugin and selecting borders, but it crash only 1 time, plus all icons fine in Windows Vista, after crash! :-)

main problem is aspect 4:3 and another things cause to abnormal stretching in Game Gear/SMS

Write more reports and i check it, now i have more free time :-)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:06 pm

I decide to check once again:

Sonic 3D Blast
Lion King 2 (my nightmare!)
Super Mario Bros
Thunder Force 3
and some over which cause to crash in Regen 0.97, just for 100% sure ;-)

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Shadow wrote:xZabuzax
Write more reports and i check it, now i have more free time :-)
Shadow, open a Game Gear game and enable "Borders", you will notice that the Game Gear screen will move to the right, and if you disable "Borders" the Game Gear screen will stay the same (placed in the right).

Also with the default video plugin (None), enable "3D Glass simulation" and open a Sega Master game that supports 3D, then go to full-screen and disable full-screen. Tell me if it crash.
________
SMOKE KILLS

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:39 pm

xZabuzax

I writed problems with Game Gear in old posts:
In Game Gear without Scanlines:

Output 4:3 aspect cause move picture to left at 50%, if enable stretch picture will be very wide like a 16:9!

Using scaler Hq4x plugin cause to crash Game Gear!
and
Yeah stretching and another things cause black borders.
and
Surprisingly! i enable color borders for SMS\GG and get this bug too!

If use this setups, screen in GG go to diagonal down!
if use scanlines screen moved to right
Sorry i don't have games for 3D glass :-(
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:45 pm

After quit fullscreen to window, some times rarely window may show gray picture without game, but if return to fullscreen
picture restored to normal!

Lion King 2 work stable (i test second and third levels and game no crash in this place)

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Shadow wrote:xZabuzax

I writed problems with Game Gear in old posts:
In Game Gear without Scanlines:

Output 4:3 aspect cause move picture to left at 50%, if enable stretch picture will be very wide like a 16:9!

Using scaler Hq4x plugin cause to crash Game Gear!
and
Yeah stretching and another things cause black borders.
and
Surprisingly! i enable color borders for SMS\GG and get this bug too!

If use this setups, screen in GG go to diagonal down!
Sorry i don't have games for 3D glass :-(
You didn't tested what i wrote dude, test "this" one:

Open a Game Gear game and enable "Borders", you will notice that the Game Gear screen will move to the right, and if you disable "Borders" the Game Gear screen will stay the same (placed in the right).

:)
________
Digital scales

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes maybe you right! i just may forgot something ;-)

Yes i have this bug:

Game Gear screen will move to the right, and if you disable "Borders" the Game Gear screen will stay the same (placed in the right) ;-)

I really hope what AamirM fix it soon :-)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:17 pm

"Super Mario Bros" work stable

"Thunder Force 3" work stable. I destroy boss on each level, and when he blows up sounds some strange pop/crackle, this is normal? :-)

"Sonic 3D Blast" work stable, and no crash in Special Stages :-)