Things I'd love to see improved/fixed in upcoming Regen:
* 68000 RAM/ROM edit could allow direct entry/writing into memory like in FCEUX for NES.
* For the current address and data entry there sould be not only byte but word entry available, too. I think, however, that such an entry is not necessary - more handy could be to leave this field as a "goto" field that places cursor in the pointed place in the hex view, so that new data can be entered directly starting from that place.
* Volume levels window could have a [reset] button.
* YM sound channel select window could also have tickbox to disable any/all of the PSG voices (so that only one particular FM voice can instantly be selected for solo without any other sounds interfering)
* There could be also a simple PSG debugger window that shows currently programmed values and some info, as well as ability to mute/solo any of the voices (or noise channel)
* Vertical interrupt frequency could be adjusted to be different from normal (for example ability to enter, say, exactly 20Hz or 1Hz) without afftecting much of anything else (HINT could appear as many as usual, just having longer retrace gap)
* z80 ram editor could also have this direct contents entry like in fceux.
Unlicensed cripple game "Baloon Boy" tells that cart is "illegal copy" (for some reason only in Regen, while works fine in kfusion). Not that this game is of any particular interest, yet it's an interesting little rare issue.
(Funnyworld-Balloon Boy (Unl) [b1].bin)
Same "illegal copy cartridge" error pops in "Whac-A-Critter"
(Whac-A-Critter (Unl) [!].bin)
Also some other unlicensed bootleg carts like "Harry Potter" and "Mulan" has issues with regen (like crashing 68k), while they run fine with kfusion.
Here are these four carts in a single zip to take a look: