Regen 0.972 and 0.972D

AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Nah. it just theory, ignore it ;-)
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:56 pm

The Windows 7 issue is because of Windows Aero. Aamir will add support for it if Steve Snake gives him the info to fix it. Until then either use fullscreen, turn off Windows Aero or use Kega Fusion until it's addressed. :)

I just updated my Cheats pack. I've removed hacks, 32X, some prototypes and Unlicensed ROMs for the time being. I've also split them between the GoodGen names and the No-Intro names. As a bonus, I've included some Master System and Game Gear cheats, but they probably won't work yet until Aamir adds support for split cheat sections for each system (in addition to PAR and GG support for both systems).

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xtzlyzdnygk

Enjoy. ;)

P.S. There were some Sonic 3 betas released a year and a half ago. Sonic 3 (U) [!] is the actual game ROM, but as you noticed it does have some bugs (due to it being rushed out and split). Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the 'true' game. You'll notice most of the bugs you've noticed are indeed fixed in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Last edited by King Of Chaos on Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kettenhund
Interested

Post by Kettenhund » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:The Windows 7 issue is because of Windows Aero. Aamir will add support for it if Steve Snake gives him the info to fix it. Until then either use fullscreen, turn off Windows Aero or use Kega Fusion until it's addressed. :)
ah, ok! i hope Aamir will get those infos for the fix because with the new ss2 optimized build regen runs sooo nice on my machine now. :D

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Thanks King of Chaos

Hard! i test games second day (total: 36 hours of testing and 12 hours sleep!)

Lion King 2 and Mario really glitch at 100%

I test more 2 hours and go to sleep! :-)
Last edited by Shadow on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Yeah, it's a hassle I know, but at least there's workarounds.

P.S. Anyone who downloaded the updated cheat pack, download it again. I fixed some cheats for Sonic 3. :P

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 pm

You right, maybe i buy real cartridge with beta, and now download beta or corrupted rom ;-)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:57 pm

King of Chaos
Found a reproducible way to crash Regen.

1) Make sure you have this archive which contains a cheat file and a SRAM file and rename them to your Sonic 3 & Knuckles ROM and put them in the appropriate directories.

2) Load Sonic 3 & Knuckles and enable the Rings Modifier to 50 rings, and enable all five Disable Super/Hyper Music cheats.

3) Play the last save slot with Knuckles with all the emeralds, and choose act 1.

4) When the level starts jump in the air to attempt to transform into Hyper Knuckles but Regen will crash because of the enabled codes.
When the level starts jump in the air to attempt to transform into Hyper Knuckles, yes Regen crash!

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:48 pm

King of Chaos

Now i just want to help Steve Snake, on last weeks i found free time and tested 70% my games, yes emu really work without noticeable glitches, my main task help to improve sound in Kega Fusion, plus Game Gear sound work wrong! for correct work need Boost PSG Noise, plus i really long time test SN76489 PSG. and optimal settings is 1.40.
If Steve Snake really add these features, i test all games once again, and report very detailed info ;-)
For example, make one option for Kega which have these functions: Boost PSG Noise + SN76489 PSG -> 1.40
And name of this feature will be "TV output" and replace it to sound menu, and now if someone don't want emulate "TV output" just leave it off, but if someone really need this, just enable "TV output" from sound menu, and it will sounds like on real TV set! it means my setups will be activated by one click on "TV output" new feature ;-)

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:24 am

Shadow wrote:my main task help to improve sound in Kega Fusion, plus Game Gear sound work wrong!
Actually, it's already hardware accurate for both the Genesis/Mega Drive and Game Gear. It doesn't exactly need tweaking but I believe Snake's adding a INI setting for the PSG to change it away from the (correct) default setting. ;)

My guess it's the output to your TV that effects the sound on your console(s). I'll have a model 1 Genesis soon (and a model 2 Genesis before Christmas) and I can record the sound from it since my PC has A/V input jacks on it. ;)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:05 am

Yeah, i just want what Steve Snake make new option "TV output" in Sound menu, which activate all my PSG setups by one click.

I don't know why people think what my setups wrong, but i guess in America another TV system, in Russia TV sound 22050Hz, in Mono.
And connected Mega Drive to TV set do aspects for this TV system ;-)

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:22 am

I found a bug in this new version 0.972 on both SSE2 and non-SSE2 builds:

If you open a Genesis game and then a Game Gear game, the Game Gear won't start until 4 or 7 seconds (sometimes will take longer).

For example, if i open a Genesis game and 3 seconds later i change to a Game Gear, the Game Gear will start in 2 or 3 seconds.

But if i open a Genesis Game and play for a bit (example i press start to skip the intro in the game Alien Soldier) and change to Game Gear, the Game Gear won't start for like 6 - 9 seconds.

Also if i toggle fast-forward on a Genesis Game and then i toggle it off, then i open a Game Gear game, the Game Gear won't start at all until i press fast-forward again. (Or won't start at all so i need to exit the emu).

These are minor bugs that was worth mentioning i think.

On a side note, i love the new display picture when you open the emulator, it looks futuristic and really cool.

Keep up the awesome work man! :D

(Edited to remove a false report, the "Show Mesages" works when i select another video plugin).
________
Michigan marijuana dispensaries
Last edited by xZabuzax on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:01 am

Found another bug on both SSE2 and non-SSE2 builds: (this one is a bit annoying since it will screw your display for a bit, the trash icon will dissapear, also you will lose the background picture...)

If you open a Game Gear game and go to option: System > Master System/Game Gear and disable/enable "Borders", and then you go to full screen it will crash the emulator and screw your display a bit (the window task bar will go up and be placed in the mid screen of your monitor, lose the background picture and the trash will dissapear).

The display behavior can be fixed opening a game in full screen again with this emulator (i tried full screen in other's emulators and the only emulator who can fix the screen behavior is Regen).

Must be a bit annoying to fix bugs in an emulator and then new bugs pops out... programing an emulator is damn challenging.

(Edited to fix typos and some stuff...)

(Another Edit: I just found out that when it crash the trash icon doens't disapear, what disapear is my right side of the screen, example the folders and the trash, while the left side of my screen still have all the folders showing.)

(Another Edit:)...
If you open a Game Gear game and go to option: System > Master System/Game Gear and disable/enable "Borders", and then you go to full screen it will crash the emulator
I just noticed that the emulator will crash only with the default video plugin (None).

It will not crash if you select another video plugin... however if you select "Borders" on a Game Gear game the (Game Gear) screen will be moved to the right, hence there will be some missing screens in the Game Gear game, even if you disable/enable "Borders" again the screen will still be on the right, so you need to exit the emulator to fix it.
________
Motorcycle tires
Last edited by xZabuzax on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Flygon
Very interested

Post by Flygon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 am

King Of Chaos wrote:
Shadow wrote:my main task help to improve sound in Kega Fusion, plus Game Gear sound work wrong!
Actually, it's already hardware accurate for both the Genesis/Mega Drive and Game Gear. It doesn't exactly need tweaking but I believe Snake's adding a INI setting for the PSG to change it away from the (correct) default setting. ;)

My guess it's the output to your TV that effects the sound on your console(s). I'll have a model 1 Genesis soon (and a model 2 Genesis before Christmas) and I can record the sound from it since my PC has A/V input jacks on it. ;)
I disagree, didn't various Mega Drive revisions actually have varying PSG levels? Like some Model 2's having incredibly loud PSG's.

I'm not an expert, but I've seen plenty of people complain about it.

Edit: Unless this isn't about volume, in which case, I am more unsure.
Last edited by Flygon on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:31 am

Found another crash bug:

If you go to option: System > Master System/Game Gear and enable "3D Glass simulation" and then open a Sega Master game that supports 3D (example Maze Hunter 3D) the emulator will crash. Sometimes it will not crash but it will crash if you go to full-screen or disable full-screen.

(Edit)

I just found out that it only crash with the default video plugin (None), if you select another video plugin it will not crash.

(Edit)

In the sound menu > Volume Levels... , the PSG slider is not working on Game Gear, when i move the slider the PSG volume stays the same.
________
Glass pipes
Last edited by xZabuzax on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

amcthunder

Post by amcthunder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:04 am

Sonic Crackers bug still present, it crashes the emu after the sega logo screen.