No Netplay option

AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

trnhockey

No Netplay option

Post by trnhockey » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:12 pm

This Regen emulator is great and the graphics for "NHL 95" are much improved. However, I can't get the "netplay" button to appear. It's greyed out. I also downloaded a new Gens copy 2.15 (or 2.16)? and it too has the netplay option greyed out. I went back to my old Gens 2.11 and the netplay option is there and I can connect to Kaillera with it. Why is this? I've tried this emulator on both Vista and XP and netplay still doesn't appear in Regen.

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Netplay is disabled. Kaillera has many security risks and it didn't work very well with Regen. Netplay will be re-added possibly with the ability to play with Kega (if I get the protocol specs ;) ).

trnhockey

Post by trnhockey » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:33 am

Thanks

Eke
Very interested

Post by Eke » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:11 pm

AamirM wrote: possibly with the ability to play with Kega (if I get the protocol specs ;) ).
that would be cool
if this is ever possible, i'll definitively try to add a netplay feature in Genesis Plus GX so that Wii users could compete against PC ones :-)

Maybe we could start a new thread about the method/technic you use regarding network synchronization and frame emulation ?