Pier solar in Regen

AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

Patrick
Interested

Pier solar in Regen

Post by Patrick » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi!! first i come to congratulation you by the nice work in Regen emulator , please keep it!

My quest is... why i can't emulate Pier Solar in emulators like Fusion and Regen if they simulate real hardware?

Every time it says "this is probably not Genesis rom"

..this rom works perfect in Mess emulator

Thanks

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:51 am

Because that Genesis hardware is not enough. There are some hardware in cartridge, which must be emulated too. Similar mappers in NES.

Patrick
Interested

Post by Patrick » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:48 am

So is this, thanks , i forgot to mention that old emulator Gens Surreal can run this rom too, but you stay trapped in the first screen in black white, i use it to Play a hack called Ultimate MK trilogy who has 10 MB , 2 MB more that Pier Solar.

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Out of respect to the game developers, why should Regen or any other Genesis emulators support Pier Solar? Why not just purchase the game instead? There's a reason why it has the copy protection it has.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 am

King Of Chaos wrote:There's a reason why it has the copy protection it has.
Pier Solar playable on emulator.

Type "Retroarch + pier solar" in google.

Flygon
Very interested

Post by Flygon » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 am

King Of Chaos wrote:Out of respect to the game developers, why should Regen or any other Genesis emulators support Pier Solar? Why not just purchase the game instead? There's a reason why it has the copy protection it has.
For some people, it may be more convenient to be able to play Pier Solar on a personal computer. Take it from someone whom's household has two copies.

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Flygon wrote: For some people, it may be more convenient to be able to play Pier Solar on a personal computer. Take it from someone whom's household has two copies.
That's right, but for sure, 90% people who will donwload the game don't really own it. :|

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:58 am

oofwill wrote:
Flygon wrote: For some people, it may be more convenient to be able to play Pier Solar on a personal computer. Take it from someone whom's household has two copies.
That's right, but for sure, 90% people who will donwload the game don't really own it. :|
So what? Enough time has passed since the release.

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:17 am

LOL

I don't agree with piracy... but that's my point of view.

Piracy is not history of elapsed time. Pier solar has arrived at the end of december 2011.

You know, such games as streets of rage (1991) are old, but if you copy it, that's piracy. (this is for this reason SEGA attacked the authors of streets of rage remake)

Now, copy as game as you want if you don't agree with this. I'm not a policeman, i won't arrest you for this :lol:
Just it's not legal and i think, in case of pier solar, programmed along several years by community of MD lovers, that's a lack of respect... But anyway, this is just MY opinion, you're free, as all the others ^^

sega16
Very interested

Post by sega16 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 pm

oofwill wrote:LOL

I don't agree with piracy... but that's my point of view.

Piracy is not history of elapsed time. Pier solar has arrived at the end of december 2011.

You know, such games as streets of rage (1991) are old, but if you copy it, that's piracy. (this is for this reason SEGA attacked the authors of streets of rage remake)

Now, copy as game as you want if you don't agree with this. I'm not a policeman, i won't arrest you for this :lol:
Just it's not legal and i think, in case of pier solar, programmed along several years by community of MD lovers, that's a lack of respect... But anyway, this is just MY opinion, you're free, as all the others ^^
No offensive oowill but you have just active my #1 pet peve people saying it is illegal to download hack or make a copy of an old game. I don't' think it is illegal to make a repo of a 20 year old game and what sega did by shutting down a remake of a game is just evil and wrong and every way who cares if it is illegal or not just because it is illegal does not make it wrong. Sorry got angry could hardly type.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 am

oofwill wrote:I don't agree with piracy... but that's my point of view.

Here is the question: is the creators of Pier Solar get license from Sega to do their game for MD? If not - then its release almost piracy. Is not it? And I don't ask for how legal tools and infos which they used in creation process.

Anyway, I own one copy of this game (but don't even played in it lol) and I don't care will someone dump or not. But I will help them if they ask me. This is my position. I know that one of the developers is TmEE co.(TM), as proof here's the photo. I think he can clarify.

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 am

what means "#1 pet peve people"? :lol:

i suppose i don't correctly talk, my english is not so good :P

I don't agree with sega for SOR remake attack. I just say, legally, this remake is not allowed. That was an example to say it's not a question of time as hardWareMan seems to say. (but damn sega! why can't we find this incredible remake anymore :'( )

i'm not against game hacking, if this is not to make money. I think you can't use other's work to earn money. Look at me? i'm using copyrighted songs and graphics in my game :lol: but i'm coding for pleasure, i won't sell it.

Nobody is full white in this world. You're right, watermelon does not have permission to build a game on MD.
But they have been working a long time on it, and this game is always sold (that's the important point for me) so i don't agree with copying this game in particular.
However i will be happy if i could play it in emulator so i could bring it everywhere! (i have two copies of the game)

and be sure there's no offensive in my posts, just a point of view ;)

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:53 am

Sega is fine with anything released on MD/Genny as long as you do not use "SEGA" and such in the game. That is the reason why there is no Sega logo on the box of Pier Solar. Names "Mega Drive" and "Genesis" they apparently no longer care about.

People are free to release whatever they want on MD.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

sega16
Very interested

Post by sega16 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 pm

oofwill wrote:what means "#1 pet peve people"? :lol:
It means something that bothers you in this case it bothers me when people say remaking an old game is illegal or that is illegal to download a rom for a 20 year old game and my English is not the greatest either so it is not a big deal. also I may spelled pet peeve wrong here is a very good web page on the meaning it explains it better than I can:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_peeve

oofwill
Very interested

Post by oofwill » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Ok, with a traductor, i finally understand :)

I think i've already answered in precedent post, this was an exemple and i don't agree with sega for SOR remake. My post was especially for pier solar wich is already sold.

now, i'm not the one who wrote the definition of piracy, i guess SEGA does just apply the laws. Sometimes laws are senseless... but they are laws :|

If i'm your pet peve because i wrote this, it doesn't matter, i'm not offent ;)