Fonzie!!

Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

stalepie
Very interested

Fonzie!!

Post by stalepie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 am

Fonzie, I've been thinking again about making a new Mega Drive game! I even got a new idea for a racing game today while playing Kawasaki SuperBike for a few minutes. I was thinking of that Mario Kart demo you made on the Genny, that you wanted me to keep secret, and I can't remember your AIM name and I see on your profile you don't have it listed anymore, and you haven't answered any of my emails, and you haven't posted here since August, however I thought maybe you'd like to make this game with me. All it requires is programming and graphics! I can do the graphics, you do the programming. It's a new type of racing game. I've played many racing games before and I think this might actually be a new idea.

come on, you know you want to do something creative. do you really want to just do technical demos for the rest of yourlife and telemarketing, or whatever it is you told me your job was?

Flygon
Very interested

Re: Fonzie!!

Post by Flygon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:19 am

stalepie wrote:I was thinking of that Mario Kart demo you made on the Genny, that you wanted me to keep secret,
You know, uh... this sort of thing is best left to a PM.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:54 pm

yeah, but I want other people to read it too, and then I'd have to take a screenshot, and upload it to imageshack, then copy and paste the link...

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:55 pm

I think it should be called Motor Hero, in memory of Motohiro Kawashima. I mean, if he's dead. If he's not dead, then it should be called Motor Hero in honor of him.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Moto Hero would be better. That sounds better. That's probably already used. I don't feel like checking and realizing I have no original ideas. That's always so discouraging!

Anyway I think me and Fonzie would make a good team. Maybe TMMT or whatever his name -- the guy from Estonia that also like QuickBasic I think -- maybe he would be interested in working on tihs project too! Hey, I pay money, you know. And uhh that guy from Estonia could uhh, you know, do some music for this game.

I could do the graphics. I'm not a bad drawer. And even if I am, so what? It's a fucking racing game.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:01 pm

This offer is extended for a long time (who knows how long), incase anyone who's reading this now sees the times when I posted this and assumes I'm no longer interested in this project... and if you are, and it's 2 years from now, or whenever, then hit me up (that means contact me). Try contacting me. I usually go by stalepie or strahlpi or matthew dickinson or something like that. Not too hard to find, I think. People find me, maybe. Maybe they do. Maybe they don't. But my address (currently) is 2834 woodstar Ct. duluth 30096 and my phone number is 770 476 4258, and they will be changing in a few months I think, if we ever move to Hall County, like I was told we were going to do. And uhh, yeah. My email address is matthewdickinson@fastmail.fm and I'll try not to change it.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:47 am

Damn I'm fucking pissed! NO ONE wants to make a game with me? COME ON!!! I can draw awesome graphics. All sorts of cool monsters. I do shit better than Chakan, The Immortal, mortal kombat, Wings of Wor, Psycho Dream, Shadows of the Colossus, whatever.

I can do awesome radical monsters, kickass bugs and demons. All I need is a programmer and a musician, and supposedly my "friend" Alex Childress is considering doing music for my project(2), so maybe, you know, all I need now is a programmer. Like Fonzie, or someone else here. And I KNOW there's a lot of these kind of requests, but come on, don't you guys ever want to do anything productive? Put something together? let's make a game!

I don't even want to necessarily make the motorcycle game anymore. I was just playing Wonderboy III, which is what made me hop on over here, to my laptop, to come back to this thread and start typing like mad. Cause I want to make a game like THAT, but more adult, with creepy scary monsters and fucking crazy sound effects, and like one of those full-screen dragon-heads breathing fire at enemies when you press the A button, like in Golden Axe 1 when you're the girl character. I want to do a game like Wonderboy III -- not the master system one, but the Genny one. The one where it's automatically-scrolling all the time, like a shooter (and is, indeed, a shooter every other stage anyway) and where you also are platforming. I love that. I like that. I like that style of game.

So.... any takers? Any takers at all? Or would you rather watch Beyonce?
yeah? beyonce's not bad... I like this video :)

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:01 am

It's a nice offer, but I'm busy on other things. Too much to do... not enough left for something else... at least at the moment.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 am

I just found this video on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWr5g2VTndo

"sega genesis programming. SigFLUP (myself) and Luis (part 2 of 6)"

Do either of those people post here?

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:12 am

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 pm

You asked DAVE PERRY?!?! :shock:

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Personally I think you're SOL unless you learn how to do it yourself.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:55 pm

ughh, it's impossible. I find programming to be a complete mind-bender. I don't know how you guys do it. Especially assembly. I can't even remember the hexadecimel stuff.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:07 am

Well, you could help by specifying EXACTLY what you want the game engine to do. Even if you can't program it yourself, making a spec sheet on how it should behave would help a programmer considerably.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:34 am

OK. Just a moment.