Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

stalepie
Very interested

Rastan on one life (no cheating)

Post by stalepie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MbA2kE-_JQ

This guy is so good!

It reminds me: this would be a good game to port to the Genesis for anyone looking for such a project. Considering there was already a sequel (not nearly as fun) and Rastan was ported to the SMS. I just think it fits in well with the Genesis lineup. :)

Although the music would probably be the hardest thing to get right...

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 am

Willow would be another good one. The Capcom arcade game, same hardware as GnG and Strider. There's just certain games that should've had a home release. Oh yeah and Forgotten Worlds used that CPS1 hardware too. Dang, you guys should just program for the CPS! You get more colors...

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:33 am

Oh yeah and Nemo! Man, they ported Chiki Chiki Boys, but not Nemo? come on...

dang the Sega Genesis stunk. It didnt have good sound. It had good music (underrated, definitely, just listen to Ys 3 with a pair of headphones), but the sound effects were bad. That's the one undeniable flaw of the MD. The NES, on the other hand, that one had some good sound. You got some great sound effects on that system.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 am

ET without falling in a hole. 8)

devzone
Interested

Post by devzone » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:17 am

stalepie wrote:dang the Sega Genesis stunk. It didnt have good sound. It had good music (underrated, definitely, just listen to Ys 3 with a pair of headphones), but the sound effects were bad. That's the one undeniable flaw of the MD.
Actually the MD has great sound but most programmers screwed it up with dodgy coding

One game the got it right was "Alien Soldier"

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Still sounds like farts and stomach grumblings to me. Appropriate for the monstrous Alien Soldier world, though.

stalepie
Very interested

Post by stalepie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:06 pm

By the way I just found someone's Harry Potter homebrew game for the Mega Drive. Err, I found it in my ROM folder. Must have gotten it from Emuasylum, or Romnation. Anyway, looks interesting. It's isometric and has digitized sound for music?