Sega CD on a nomad

Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

evildragon
Very interested

Sega CD on a nomad

Post by evildragon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:33 am

So my friend, on her spare time, I noticed she has a Nomad taken apart.

I asked her whats up with it, and she said she's making a connection for a Sega CD.

She has two IDE cable ports on her nomad, one called "1" and the other called "2". And she's internally wiring it up to the glue chip, audio mixer, and the VDP (for Sega CD video??).

She doesn't have it working, but she's using a Genesis 2 as a guide to see where connections are made.

Is this even possible? O_O I have never seen this done before, and she's very certain she can do it.

ElBarto
Very interested

Post by ElBarto » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:57 am

A girl into video games ? Could be.
A girl into Mega Drive ? Could be.
A girl who knows the Nomad ? Could be.
A girl into electronics ? Could be.

But a girl doing a such mod on a Nomad ? I seriously doubt .... :)

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:24 am

TO THE MYSTERY GIRL : IF YOU ARE READING THIS, MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE REGISTERING THING, AND REGISTER YOURSELF !!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO REGISTER IF YOU'RE DOING THINGS THAT EVILDRAGON TELLS US THAT YOU'RE DOING !!!
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

tinctu
Very interested

Post by tinctu » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:53 am

GIVE ME HER E-MAIL :wink:

evildragon
Very interested

Post by evildragon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:38 pm

ElBarto wrote:A girl into video games ? Could be.

that's seriously sexist. :roll:

I'll try and get her to register. It's not that she's shy, it's that she's too damn overprotective. She only has email, that's it, not even IM.

TulioAdriano
Very interested

Post by TulioAdriano » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:01 pm

See, evildragon, please don't take this personaly.

I barely know you from this forum but there's something that folows you and it is called reputation. Unfortunately you've been involved in some hoaxes such as porting Sonic 2 to NES and stuff like that... when it comes to something crazy from you we already tend to read and think: "hummm is it another hoax"?

If I tell you what I see with my eyes, such a crazy project, being done by a mystery girl that never provides any picture, datasheets or whatever... it is certainly kind of suspicious.

And there's also the fact that if that was something ever possible, somebody would have done it already (or tried at least). The fact that we had people that modded Radica Genesis to run catridges, people who modded all consoles (like 2600, NES, and even Playstation) to create portables, so many things have been done in hardware mod... I guess someone who was trying to hit such a remarkable acomplishment would be at least be wanting to share it with the world... even if that person would want to sell the product in the future.

I really don't care if your "friend" is a girl, a baby or a flying banana, the fact that there is no picture, no proof of any sort makes it seems that you are just having a crazy idea, you want to know if it is possible but you don't want to have anyone telling you that your idea is bad and would never work, after all, the blame would always go to your "mysterious" friend.

I am very sorry if all of this is true, this project exists and we will never see it because your friend only wants to share that with you, but this is how we see it. At least this is how I see it...

Best regards,

evildragon
Very interested

Post by evildragon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:09 pm

She barely is sharing it with me, I only glimpsed at it, and asked here if someone knew of such a project, check the OP please.

I know my reputation was fucked up, but seriously, it sucks when you guys just don't let it go.

I'm talking with her and trying to convince her to atleast let me give her email address, which she's more likely going to do than join forums.

She only shares completed things. (usually, but she's willing to make an exception here)

Besides, I never said it was working, I did say it DOESN'T work in my OP, once again.

Anyway, I gave the email address to someone I'd trust first, whom more talks her language in tech than me anyway.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:41 pm

Just point her to here: http://emu-docs.org/?page=Genesis

A little ways down the page, there are the schematics to the Genesis. That should be a big help in making a connector that is SEGA CD compatible.

evildragon
Very interested

Post by evildragon » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:20 pm

Ok, well, I should have kept my mouth shut. She called me very upset for even talking about it, because it's "hard, to near impossible, or is impossible".

Guess this can be locked. She said if it ever did get completed (or has anything to add), she'd register here herself anyway.

ElBarto
Very interested

Post by ElBarto » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:32 am

evildragon wrote:
ElBarto wrote:A girl into video games ? Could be.

that's seriously sexist. :roll:
That was a way to say what TulioAdriano says.
And your last post confirm this.

tinctu
Very interested

Post by tinctu » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Well or just I want 2x NOMADs under 100USD + postage :oops:

(Sega Nomad is my dream nr.2... After fall in love with girl which plays sega or retro videogames...) :P

FROM GOOGLE: