best emulator on android?

Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

bioloid
Very interested

best emulator on android?

Post by bioloid » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:18 pm

I'm looking for a light emulator on android, tested GenPLUSdroid but it's running toooo slow on my cheap device. Gensoid works far better but its buggy and crashes...
Any idea thanks ?

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:28 pm

I was using MD Emu, it was running quite well.

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm

perhaps Eke could tell you which one use his latest engine

bioloid
Very interested

Post by bioloid » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks, MD.emu works really nice & smooth :)

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:23 pm

You're welcome ;)

Eke
Very interested

Post by Eke » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:03 am

Just that you know, MD.EMU is a payware version of an old Genesis Plus GX version (when it was still GPL) and neither Charles or I are really happy about him making money out of our work.

There is a FREE version on Play Store which is exactly the same but recompiled from source and free of charge (as it always should have been): https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pps.MdEmu2

Otherwise, there is the retroarch port on android which uses the latest version of Genesis Plus GX (compared to MD.emu version, it includes full MS & GG emulation and more accurate Mega CD emulation) but it might be slower for you and does not seem updated anymore on Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .retroarch

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:52 am

Ah yeah, of course i was using the free version... did not know it was based on Genesis Plus GX, i know it was also using some part of Gens code for the Sega CD emulation.

Charles MacDonald
Very interested

Post by Charles MacDonald » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:03 am

Stef wrote:Ah yeah, of course i was using the free version... did not know it was based on Genesis Plus GX, i know it was also using some part of Gens code for the Sega CD emulation.
I have the feeling he asked for permission to use parts of Gens Sega CD emulation as a cover for continuing to misuse Genesis Plus GX's Sega CD emulation. I only say this as Robert Broglia isn't an emulator author and doesn't understand how this stuff works -- he can't actually improve or adjust the emulation, only tweak the front end.

It would be interesting to develop a test ISO to exploit known emulation issues from both emulators and see how MD.emu responds. I could be wrong of course. :)