Some Sega Tracker tunes!

Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

Jredd

Some Sega Tracker tunes!

Post by Jredd » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:51 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I'm not a programmer but I love the sound of the Genesis/Mega Drive and I am a musician. It took me a little while but I figured out how to use TFMaker some. I really like the program and I hope this is the correct forum to post some tunes I made with it :).

http://mystro88.googlepages.com/Awakening.mp3

http://mystro88.googlepages.com/GeniGlitch.mp3

These are my first tunes ever with the program so they are short, but I hope you like them!

I was thinking that if anyone else has made some tunes with it and would like to share them, I hope they put them here :).

Comments and Feedback is highly welcomed and appreciated!

Oh and does anybody know if there is a sega tracker scene out there? Like a big site with a bunch of sega composers or is this too new to have much of a following? :P

Thanks for listening in advance!

MG
Very interested

Post by MG » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:08 am

Yop !

Good songs !
Awakening seems to be played on a special stage ;)

The second sounds like an ... ATARI ST !
I like this song.

Well, in fact TFMaker is a very good tool !
But your compositions sounds good, i like this kind of sound.

A+
Ah ? ben si ? pourquoi pas...

Jredd

Post by Jredd » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:27 pm

Thanks!

It's nice to know I am welcomed here even though I don't really understand how to program at all :P.

The VGM conversion is awesome. I wish it was a little more accurate but I am sure things like that will come in time :).

I understand that a lot of you are programmers and can make games and demos for Genesis/Mega Drive.

Well, even though I don't know how you do that. With this program I can make music. And if I understand correctly, maybe there is even a way I can make music for some of your games and demos that you guys make!

I would really love to try it sometime because it has always been kind of a dream of mine to make music for video games or even an awesome demo!

I know Shiru and many others here are very talented with music so maybe you don't need my help.

But if anyone does I am very interested and enthusiastic to help in any way I can!

MG: Cool! My brother had an Atari ST when I was little, so maybe it influenced my song without me knowing it.

I love those fast Chip Arp type chords in those old games. It's so nostalgic !

When I make more music I'll post it here!

MG
Very interested

Post by MG » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:02 am

Yo !

Well, if you want to make some songs, look at the beginning of my convertion from Robocop (Atari ST - Oh Yeah ! - --> Megadrive/Genesis) Link here..

Thread here.

This is the beginning.

I'm very loosy for creating music.

If you want, you can try to put a zic on the introduction and for the level 1.
But, care, i don't know if i'll finished this project...

Remember : just for fun ;)

A+
Ah ? ben si ? pourquoi pas...

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:23 pm

I just listened Awakening, and it is very interesting...

Why wouldn't you upload TFM files ? It took 10mins for me to DL one MP3 (I'm on dial-up :/)...

I'm pretty sure that some of us could use some of your tunes in our demos and games.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

Jredd

Post by Jredd » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:18 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:I just listened Awakening, and it is very interesting...

Why wouldn't you upload TFM files ? It took 10mins for me to DL one MP3 (I'm on dial-up :/)...

I'm pretty sure that some of us could use some of your tunes in our demos and games.
Sorry, I didn't know some of you were on dial up. Yeah I should upload those files instead. I'll upload them in the near future. I may continue making these because they are fun :-).

alone

Post by alone » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:22 pm

Post the tfe files pleeeeeeeease!

jobro
Interested

Post by jobro » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:15 pm

Sure I have some music by me, I'll upload it when I'm back home in a few hours time.

Finaly had the time to post here. And I do like the glitch song better.