ROM Emulation

For hardware talk only (please avoid ROM dumper stuff)
TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:13 am

You may want multiple US 32X then, these cost nothing compared to European ones :P
I can give you tips on getting the 32X behave (these buggers love to crash ;) ).
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

masyanya
Interested

Post by masyanya » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:06 pm

HardWareMan wrote:My FLASH cartrige take 4 minutes to erase, write and verification an 32Mbit file. It can be more optimized and speed up at least 40%-50%. But I to lazy to do it and busy for now.
Now Firmware upgraded!!!
Now Erase->Write, - about 2min 30 seconds... :) In fact, 1000 times Erase->Write->Verify report no error, and it means that we can use only Erase->Write processes ))))) :)

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:12 am

I sometimes got flashing errors(1 or 2 bytes maybe) when I run CPU intensive programs while the (MS-DOS) flashing utility runs (program controls a "dumb" device from LPT port and manually writes and polls the flashchips).
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

masyanya
Interested

Post by masyanya » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:28 am

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:I sometimes got flashing errors(1 or 2 bytes maybe) when I run CPU intensive programs while the (MS-DOS) flashing utility runs (program controls a "dumb" device from LPT port and manually writes and polls the flashchips).
My device use HW Write pooling control. Write errors is not possible. :) Verify error is signalled if FLASH chip broken or writes limit is reached.

dr. apocalipsis
Interested

Post by dr. apocalipsis » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:20 pm

I'm also interested in that card.

Do you think you could design a microSD flashcart just like the DS ones?
(To be able to copy a lot of roms and a ingame menu to select the desired one).

Nice piece of hard!

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:23 am

Ok, I've got to get one of these things.

Sending money to Russia seems like a pain. The easiest option would seem to be a wire transfer. That Webmoney service only seems like an easy option if you've already got an account with credit, or you live in Russia. It looks like the only way I would have of getting money into a Webmoney account from Australia would be to do a wire transfer into the account, in which case, I may as well do a wire transfer of the money directly to you instead. For a wire transfer, I'll need the SWIFT code of your bank, and your account name/number. I'll send you a PM.

notaz
Very interested

Post by notaz » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:32 pm

There is Western Union option too, which did cost me 6$ (probably because I live not that far from Russia).

Snake
Very interested

Post by Snake » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 am

Hmm, I wonder if it makes sense for somebody (not me :P) here to buy a few of these, and the people that want them instead send the money to that person? It would simplify things somewhat. I wouldn't mind paying a fair bit extra for the convenience. Like, send the money to person X, person X then places the order, and pays for them all at once - person X makes himself a few bucks for his trouble.

Hmm? Hmm? :lol:

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 am

Snake wrote:Hmm, I wonder if it makes sense for somebody (not me :P) here to buy a few of these, and the people that want them instead send the money to that person? It would simplify things somewhat. I wouldn't mind paying a fair bit extra for the convenience. Like, send the money to person X, person X then places the order, and pays for them all at once - person X makes himself a few bucks for his trouble.
Of course. That would be wise to order the wholesale for reduce the cost of shipping. Do not consider this as advertising. But that person "X" should be geographically most closely to target.

masyanya
Interested

Post by masyanya » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:40 am

HardWareMan wrote:
Snake wrote:Hmm, I wonder if it makes sense for somebody (not me :P) here to buy a few of these, and the people that want them instead send the money to that person? It would simplify things somewhat. I wouldn't mind paying a fair bit extra for the convenience. Like, send the money to person X, person X then places the order, and pays for them all at once - person X makes himself a few bucks for his trouble.
Of course. That would be wise to order the wholesale for reduce the cost of shipping. Do not consider this as advertising. But that person "X" should be geographically most closely to target.
Totaly right! :)

Pascal
Very interested

Post by Pascal » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:53 am

besides western union, my wife is using www.xoom.com

works pretty well and waaay cheaper

"Ooops seems not available for russia :s"

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:58 am

Notaz lives next to Russia, I do... Russia and Estonia don't get along too well, don't know about Lithuania, but I don't think they're having things worse than we do :)
Sending stuff to Russia cost little to me, and reciving should not cost anything, as long as package is less than 1kg, then I have to pay import tax :P

Christuserloeser
Very interested

Post by Christuserloeser » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 am

HardWareMan wrote:That would be wise to order the wholesale for reduce the cost of shipping. Do not consider this as advertising. But that person "X" should be geographically most closely to target.
I would offer myself for distributing these across Europe. I can accept PayPal, bank transfer, and cash via regular mail.

Of course, I would ship to the US too, but I am not sure if this isn't even more expansive than to ship from Russia directly.

One problem I see is that I will definitely need a few weeks to come up with the money for my own set of cartridges.

The other problem is that I am a slow person (Tiido knows what I mean). It might take me a while to process an order. On the other hand I am an honest person and I won't let anyone down.

EDIT: I didn't notice Tiido's reply.

EDIT #2:
masyanya wrote:One card has a price in ~67$, and... hmmm... ~30$ for delivery.
Okay, I looked it up and it's €13,90 for a small package to the US. I will go to the post office tomorrow and ask if I can send a package of that size and weight as standard mail.
http://www.DCEvolution.net - Gigabytes of free Dreamcast software for you

masyanya
Interested

Post by masyanya » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:28 am

Pascal wrote:besides western union, my wife is using www.xoom.com

works pretty well and waaay cheaper

"Ooops seems not available for russia :s"
It's right, not aviable for... :)

Snake
Very interested

Post by Snake » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:03 am

Anything happening with this?

By the way, does this require a USB driver, and if so, who wrote it? Since it seems we are pretty much doomed to PCs with no parallel ports, I'm going to have to delve into this stuff at some point :?