ROM Emulation

For hardware talk only (please avoid ROM dumper stuff)
User avatar
TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:37 pm
Location: Estonia, Rapla City
Contact:

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:35 pm

The chips are AM29F160 (8bit wide, 16Mbit in size), no Unlock Bypass command in datasheet :(
But I can wait that 6 minutes it takes to write full 32Mbit/4Mbytes of data (+12 seconds for erase).
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

masyanya
Interested
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:30 am
Location: Russia, Novosibirsk.

Post by masyanya » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:50 am

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:The chips are AM29F160 (8bit wide, 16Mbit in size), no Unlock Bypass command in datasheet :(
But I can wait that 6 minutes it takes to write full 32Mbit/4Mbytes of data (+12 seconds for erase).
WRONG!!!!

Look in datasheet:
AM29F160
Page 22: (Command Definitions Table 9.)
Unlock Bypass
Unlock Bypass Program

and
Unlock Bypass Reset
Presents in table

Datasheet info:
Publication# 21358 Rev: F Amendment/+2
Issue Date: March 1998

(+12 seconds for erase).
What? You scruwy my balls!!! (то есть выкручиваешь мне яйца!!! :lol: )
ERASE AND PROGRAMMING PERFORMANCE, page 42:
Sector Erase Time - 0.7-15 s
Chip Erase Time - 25s

User avatar
TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:37 pm
Location: Estonia, Rapla City
Contact:

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:48 am

masyanya wrote:
(+12 seconds for erase).
What? You scruwy my balls!!! (то есть выкручиваешь мне яйца!!! :lol: )
ERASE AND PROGRAMMING PERFORMANCE, page 42:
Sector Erase Time - 0.7-15 s
Chip Erase Time - 25s
moi russkii otzen ploho, ya nye panimayu zto tõ pisal :P

and one chip erases in 10 second, other in 12 second, both erase at same time :)

and oops, my chips are AM29F016 not AM29F160... 8bit, not 16bit, and I did not see anything regarding fast programming in those datasheets...

..... and now I downloaded another datahseet, and oh wonder, there's unlock bypass command in it... so I quickly went to update my burning utility... but it seems the command is not effective.... things look like they program, but in the end, cart is full of $FF, just like after erase :(

pic of my old datasheet :
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/ ... F016D2.png

pic of the one I DLed :
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/ ... F016D1.png
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

masyanya
Interested
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:30 am
Location: Russia, Novosibirsk.

Post by masyanya » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:55 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:
masyanya wrote:
(+12 seconds for erase).
What? You scruwy my balls!!! (то есть выкручиваешь мне яйца!!! :lol: )
ERASE AND PROGRAMMING PERFORMANCE, page 42:
Sector Erase Time - 0.7-15 s
Chip Erase Time - 25s
moi russkii otzen ploho, ya nye panimayu zto tõ pisal :P

and one chip erases in 10 second, other in 12 second, both erase at same time :)

and oops, my chips are AM29F016 not AM29F160... 8bit, not 16bit, and I did not see anything regarding fast programming in those datasheets...

..... and now I downloaded another datahseet, and oh wonder, there's unlock bypass command in it... so I quickly went to update my burning utility... but it seems the command is not effective.... things look like they program, but in the end, cart is full of $FF, just like after erase :(

pic of my old datasheet :
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/ ... F016D2.png

pic of the one I DLed :
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/ ... F016D1.png
Just try use Unlock Bypass commands....

User avatar
HardWareMan
Very interested
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Kazakhstan, Pavlodar

Post by HardWareMan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:49 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:..... and now I downloaded another datahseet, and oh wonder, there's unlock bypass command in it... so I quickly went to update my burning utility... but it seems the command is not effective.... things look like they program, but in the end, cart is full of $FF, just like after erase :(
I think you do not quite understand. There is lock/unlock command to write in sector/chip in JEDEC specification. But. There is unlock sequence to execute this command or simply write command: 555:AA, 2AA:55, 555:AA, etc. So, programming FLASH will be allways take some time to compare with RAM. And ofcourse, there is programming delay to move data in FLASH array.

User avatar
TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:37 pm
Location: Estonia, Rapla City
Contact:

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, I figured out my problem.... after chip erase, I forgot to set 82C55 to output data (I was polling chip to see if its finished erasing or not), so unlock bypass command never made to the chip, now things work nicely and I got ~40% increase in programming time :D
Now it takes ~1minute per MByte.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/ ... ARTWR0.png
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/ ... ARTWR1.png
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

Eke
Very interested
Posts: 820
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:57 pm
Contact:

Post by Eke » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:40 am

I found this neat little project recently:
http://www.snega2usb.com/wordpress/

Basically, it's a cartridge USB reader that acts as a USB 2.0 device with a binary rom file on it. I believe this can not only be used for legal emulation of your games but also ROM dumping...

User avatar
TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:37 pm
Location: Estonia, Rapla City
Contact:

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:06 am

That's really nice :D

and our newest member, KRIKzz has something fun going on too on his site :

http://krikzz.com/

:D
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

User avatar
HardWareMan
Very interested
Posts: 699
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Kazakhstan, Pavlodar

Post by HardWareMan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:56 am

Eke wrote:I found this neat little project recently:
http://www.snega2usb.com/wordpress/
Basically, it's a cartridge USB reader that acts as a USB 2.0 device with a binary rom file on it. I believe this can not only be used for legal emulation of your games but also ROM dumping...
First versions of USB flash cartrige from Masyanya was USB Mass Storage devices too. But then, HDD was fail and Masyanya lost all his work, include this one. And then, new version become not Mass Storage but more complex device with programmable mapper (wich allows play even Beyond Oasis aka Story of Thor with full support of SRAM).
TmEE co.(TM) wrote:That's really nice :D
and our newest member, KRIKzz has something fun going on too on his site :
http://krikzz.com/
:D
Funny, i know this guy. Here we discuss his flash cartrige for SMD and do some correction work. And here he trying do same for SNES. It is same guy because this site is set in his profile on that russian forum.
Hey, KRIKzz, welcome here!

masyanya
Interested
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:30 am
Location: Russia, Novosibirsk.

Post by masyanya » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:53 am

HardWareMan wrote:
Eke wrote:I found this neat little project recently:
http://www.snega2usb.com/wordpress/
Basically, it's a cartridge USB reader that acts as a USB 2.0 device with a binary rom file on it. I believe this can not only be used for legal emulation of your games but also ROM dumping...
First versions of USB flash cartrige from Masyanya was USB Mass Storage devices too. But then, HDD was fail and Masyanya lost all his work, include this one. And then, new version become not Mass Storage but more complex device with programmable mapper (wich allows play even Beyond Oasis aka Story of Thor with full support of SRAM).
TmEE co.(TM) wrote:That's really nice :D
and our newest member, KRIKzz has something fun going on too on his site :
http://krikzz.com/
:D
Funny, i know this guy. Here we discuss his flash cartrige for SMD and do some correction work. And here he trying do same for SNES. It is same guy because this site is set in his profile on that russian forum.
Hey, KRIKzz, welcome here!
But....all KRIKzz's FLASH cards doe's not support SAVEs, i'ts tooooo bad, except my cards for SNES, and SEGA... and, my SNES card can make Multigames (with dinamic GameMenu), and can combine LO and HI ROMs in one multigame assemble... aaaand, differend ROMS cand have differend memory space for SAVEs, and not used save ram space hides from card then game running (SNES can see only right save ram size and addresses, i'ts important for classic "original card checks" system, and for Mass Storage: onboard SD/MMC card reader for PC present :D, and SPI internal machine for SNES present toooooo )... (LOL, not so english language, and not so tematicaly right, - sorry :lol: )

KRIKzz
Interested
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

Post by KRIKzz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:30 pm

HardWareMan wrote: Funny, i know this guy. Here we discuss his flash cartrige for SMD and do some correction work. And here he trying do same for SNES. It is same guy because this site is set in his profile on that russian forum.
Hey, KRIKzz, welcome here!
thanks, i`m here now (:

masyanya
Interested
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:30 am
Location: Russia, Novosibirsk.

Post by masyanya » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:35 am

KRIKzz
Hi There :D, good work for SEGA... your soft for cards look great!!! dotNET...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest