Megadrive/Genesis Schematics - modernish Files

For hardware talk only (please avoid ROM dumper stuff)
MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:24 pm

HardWareMan wrote:
MintyTheCat wrote:None of your further Comments are useful to this Discussion, thank you.
OK, I get it. Want someone to do everything for you. I'm leaving.
I realise that English is not your first Language, but I have stated the exact opposite all the while - try harder.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 am

MintyTheCat wrote:I realise that English is not your first Language, but I have stated the exact opposite all the while - try harder.
I tell you what. Once upon a time, I also want interactive scheme of MD. I drew it, but at that moment a clone of the MD is all I had, so the signals have the wrong names. Here, you can see yourself (big size, 41MB):
Later, I found this two pictures and saw what is wrong in my schematic. I printed them and realized that they are much smaller and more convenient, does not require a computer nearby. That's my cool story.

I understand your aspiration for interactive form of information, but IMHO the scheme is not a book, they are needed in the field, where around a bunch of tools, and there is no place for unwieldy computer. eBook can be considered as a substitute for paper schemes, but I did not see viewers sch/pcb files for it.
MintyTheCat wrote:None of your further Comments are useful to this Discussion, thank you.
Yep, especially for you.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:57 pm

HardWareMan wrote:
MintyTheCat wrote:I realise that English is not your first Language, but I have stated the exact opposite all the while - try harder.
I tell you what. Once upon a time, I also want interactive scheme of MD. I drew it, but at that moment a clone of the MD is all I had, so the signals have the wrong names. Here, you can see yourself (big size, 41MB):
Later, I found this two pictures and saw what is wrong in my schematic. I printed them and realized that they are much smaller and more convenient, does not require a computer nearby. That's my cool story.

I understand your aspiration for interactive form of information, but IMHO the scheme is not a book, they are needed in the field, where around a bunch of tools, and there is no place for unwieldy computer. eBook can be considered as a substitute for paper schemes, but I did not see viewers sch/pcb files for it.
Yep, especially for you.
I pity you.

I work as an Engineer, what I tend to do is to print a copy of the Schematic as and when I need one for working at a Bench, at my Desk or during a Meeting. Having Both forms provides me with the best of both Worlds - being as it's clear I can read it quickly, as it's held in Schematic Software means that I can alter the Colour of Lines and all sorts. So I have that convenience.

Shall we retitle this Thread to "How I'd like to argue over what Methods People use to refer to the MD's Schematic?" or perhaps "Let's insinuate and generally act like Tools?" - you've done yourself a brilliant Turn in highlighting exactly the type of Person that you are there, Hardwareman.

Good luck with your Life there.

djcouchycouch
Very interested

Post by djcouchycouch » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:13 pm

I ask that this discussion be civil. Disagreement is fine. Fighting and drama is not.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm

djcouchycouch wrote:I ask that this discussion be civil. Disagreement is fine. Fighting and drama is not.
I agree. I hope that I've been fairly civil - this Guy has Problems.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:40 pm

MintyTheCat wrote:I pity you.
Gotcha! I recommend finding someone who will carry the correct meaning of this article. You should stop posting here and get busy with your Eagle and MD motherboard because I think you're already knew all answers of your questions in this thread.
djcouchycouch wrote:I ask that this discussion be civil. Disagreement is fine. Fighting and drama is not.
Who's fighting? I'm definitely not.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 pm

HardWareMan wrote:
MintyTheCat wrote:I pity you.
Gotcha! I recommend finding someone who will carry the correct meaning of this article. You should stop posting here and get busy with your Eagle and MD motherboard because I think you're already knew all answers of your questions in this thread.
Who's fighting? I'm definitely not.
Indeed, we got the Answer right after you stated that you "had nothing more to say" - a couple of Days ago.

I shall indeed spend the Time on the Schematic.

A Word to the Wise: you might want to work on your Amiability - this is a Community after all - not some kind of Cloister :D

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Except that this community is virtually all developers. As one developer to another, we tend to be direct and cranky, and quite often, bitingly sarcastic. It doesn't mean we're fighting or that we hate everybody, it's just how developers roll. Newbies sometimes don't get this and are put off by all the attitude. Sorry, but this really isn't a site geared towards newbies, so until they grow a good thick developer skin, they need to bear with us.
:twisted: :lol:

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Chilly Willy wrote:Except that this community is virtually all developers. As one developer to another, we tend to be direct and cranky, and quite often, bitingly sarcastic. It doesn't mean we're fighting or that we hate everybody, it's just how developers roll. Newbies sometimes don't get this and are put off by all the attitude. Sorry, but this really isn't a site geared towards newbies, so until they grow a good thick developer skin, they need to bear with us.
:twisted: :lol:
Many of us are Professional Developers here too, ChillyWilly.

Frank Discussion is never an Issue, in fact it's encouraged. But don't reinterpret a Thread based on your own set of subjective Biases.

I prefer clear Talk over 'Business Speak' any Day of the Week.

My Contention here is that I ask a simple Question: "Has anyone got a Digital MD Schematic" and we end up with what transcended.

Sure, we understand how Software is developed but at the same Time we also need to bear in Mind that this 'little' Community isn't going to really progress until you have the Tools and Support in place. Check out how the NeoGeo Development Scene runs then compare to what I find here.

I have no Problem with People asking Questions (so long as they've spent some Time thinking Things through for themselves) and I have no Issue in letting other People build up on what has gone before in the form of Sourcecode and Technical Documentation - it simply makes the Task 'doable' within the Constraints of Time that most of us Face. I work Full-Time as an Embedded-Developer and I work on the Megadrive for Fun in addition to all the other little Projects that I work on at Home. If I need a Tool or a Resource then there's a fair Chance that some one else will perhaps need it one Day. So you check before you duplicate the Effort - not sit there arguing over whether or not Digital Schematics are useful in this Day and Age - the Answer is in the Question in case it's lost on you :D Any way, we shall move forward. ChillyWilly you are fine to make such Comments in my Book but let's continue moving forward and get away from the 'Hello World' Syndrome that I keep finding in Attitude - after all most of us want real Software, that's released on real Hardware - for real instead of the same old, cheesy little Questions over and over again. One Day the Megadrive, all its Quirks, it's Hardware - everything will be known with a progressive Attitude.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 pm

A picture of the schematic IS a "digital" MD schematic, and in a form many people can use. The format you want it actually not very useful to most folks, which is why it's not been made up to this point. I'm not telling you not to make one or that NO ONE will use it, but don't be surprised if after you're done, you get like only two or three downloads.

And I find it funny that you try to hold up the NeoGeo community as an example of how we should be - there ain't NOTHING going on in the NeoGeo community other than a few folks whining about not having a flash cart and how AES converters have troubles. :lol:

We have forums full of MD/SCD/32X goodies of all sorts. Just because we don't have the one thing you're looking for (because it's practically worthless to 99.999999% of devs) doesn't mean you have a leg to stand on trying to tell us how to make the board better. :P :D

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Chilly Willy wrote:A picture of the schematic IS a "digital" MD schematic, and in a form many people can use. The format you want it actually not very useful to most folks, which is why it's not been made up to this point. I'm not telling you not to make one or that NO ONE will use it, but don't be surprised if after you're done, you get like only two or three downloads.

And I find it funny that you try to hold up the NeoGeo community as an example of how we should be - there ain't NOTHING going on in the NeoGeo community other than a few folks whining about not having a flash cart and how AES converters have troubles. :lol:

We have forums full of MD/SCD/32X goodies of all sorts. Just because we don't have the one thing you're looking for (because it's practically worthless to 99.999999% of devs) doesn't mean you have a leg to stand on trying to tell us how to make the board better. :P :D
I was referring to how the NeoGeo Development Scene is managed and organised. They do indeed have a wealth of Information about Chips, Pinouts, Documentation - pretty much the Works.
There's a Megadrive Wiki that has been started (though I cannot recall who initiated this at present) and El Barto has done a fine Job in providing Resources that I use.

Sure, it can only be any real use to People working in and around Hardware.

We are all aware of what a GIF/JPEG File is but it isn't going to ever be searchable until someone has the equivalent of OCR Functionality built into Graphic-Viewers.

If someone could use the Schematic for their Work then that's enough for me and it merely adds to the List of Resources available for the rest of us. What's perhaps 'missing' would be a place that could be used to store these Assets - like what the MD Wiki is but used wholeheartedly - like what the NeoGeo Dev Community has.
Chilly Willy wrote:We have forums full of MD/SCD/32X goodies of all sorts. Just because we don't have the one thing you're looking for (because it's practically worthless to 99.999999% of devs) doesn't mean you have a leg to stand on trying to tell us how to make the board better. :P :D
I am aware of what is available having spent some Time here.
That last Statement is a very lazy Insinuation on your Part and naive at best.

A Board works as well as it Functions and what it can achieve: it's a Forum for Ideas and for discussing the Technical Aspects of the Megadrive and its supporting Hardware and Software.